#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

I thought it was mostly terrible, in almost every way.

Figured this is how you'd feel  :lol:

I don't think it's good either but I'm enjoying the board optimism and the BO run so I'm mostly keeping my lips zipped

:rofl:

• Like 4

Really? I don't think anything about it was "terrible." There were definitely some aspects I felt were very mediocre and average, but never veering near bad status. It's leaps and bounds ahead of the other sequels, if nothing else.

• Like 1

Doesn't matter. Baumer liked it, and you liked Mad Max, so we are fine from a BSG perspective. 

People liking movies they are already primed to like - I wonder if there is a takeaway from this.

Figured this is how you'd feel  :lol:

I don't think it's good either but I'm enjoying the board optimism and the BO run so I'm mostly keeping my lips zipped

:rofl:

I'm chuckling at the fact that the Marvelites on the board are having epic meltdowns after they spent the last year just bringing up how much AOU was going to own the summer in literally every single thread.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 4

I think Ted2 is going to disappoint (people are burnt out on both gay marriage activism and the lazy snark of MacFarlane's).  I think T5 looks kind of wonky and will be a big disappointment unless it's very, very good.

It's not likely, of course, but I really believe it's becoming a more real possibility.

Even if Ted 2 is a hit, I don't think its really gonna hurt JW as its an R-rated comedy.   T5 is direct competition but that movie looks really bad and I don't think its gonna do well.

03ec600b126ef3dc6000a0e87a71cc3f.jpg

uh.. lmao?  Ya, lmao.

Doesn't matter. Baumer liked it, and you liked Mad Max, so we are fine from a BSG perspective. 

I'm chuckling at the fact that the Marvelites on the board are having epic meltdowns after they spent the last year just bringing up how much AOU was going to own the summer in literally every single thread.

Uh, that wasn't just Marvelites. That was everyone on the board pretty much, lol. Sequel to a 623 grosser with phenom WOM. It is hilarious how TA2 has turned into the most quiet $460m grosser we'll ever see. As soon as it gets into the #6/7 spots on the chart, JP4 will roar past it. If you said the 10 day total of JP4 would equal close to 90% of TA2's total gross, most people would think you need to be thrown in the asylum.

I think Ted2 is going to disappoint (people are burnt out on both gay marriage activism and the lazy snark of MacFarlane's).  I think T5 looks kind of wonky and will be a big disappointment unless it's very, very good.

It's not likely, of course, but I really believe it's becoming a more real possibility.

lol what? Are you saying people are burnt out on gay marriage activism? Like... we are now BORED with the idea of gay people getting married? As in we were on board for a while but then we decided it wasn't interesting anymore? What?

lol what? Are you saying people are burnt out on gay marriage activism? Like... we are now BORED with the idea of gay people getting married? As in we were on board for a while but then we decided it wasn't interesting anymore? What?

ok

Uh, that wasn't just Marvelites. That was everyone on the board pretty much, lol. Sequel to a 623 grosser with phenom WOM. It is hilarious how TA2 has turned into the most quiet $460m grosser we'll ever see. As soon as it gets into the #6/7 spots on the chart, JP4 will roar past it. If you said the 10 day total of JP4 would equal close to 90% of TA2's total gross, most people would think you need to be thrown in the asylum.

There was a thread where a few of us were saying it might not do 500M and people were FREAKING OUT. That was only a few weeks before release

People get it into their heads that the sequels to mega-hits MUST be mega-hits. Same thing will happen with Jurassic World 2

Probably because it didn't hit the OD record or the 100M OD which was being predicted by a lot of people. Once that didn't go down, the OW record was not going down. Then the 2nd weekend drop was much worse than the first movie and it became clear it wasn't even sniffing 500M, post that there was nothing more left to actually track for it - no records which could go down, no significant milestones and Furious 7 stole a lot of the WW box office headlines from it.

There was a thread where a few of us were saying it might not do 500M and people were FREAKING OUT. That was only a few weeks before release

People get it into their heads that the sequels to mega-hits MUST be mega-hits. Same thing will happen with Jurassic World 2

I think me and you were probably the lowest BSG predictions at 485M, and the comments for our predicts was "ballsy" where as the 600M+ predicts were considered the more realistic option.

Edited by grim22

That's the thing, 460 is a mega hit. :lol: You'd think it flopped. JP4 devoured all the buzz from TA2's run.

• Like 1

That's the thing, 460 is a mega hit. :lol: You'd think it flopped. JP4 devoured all the buzz from TA2's run.

Giga-hits, then. You know what I meant  :P

Really? I don't think anything about it was "terrible." There were definitely some aspects I felt were very mediocre and average, but never veering near bad status. It's leaps and bounds ahead of the other sequels, if nothing else.

Oof, I don't think so at all. Sorry we don't agree. :)

• Like 2