#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

So if $13M really happens tomorrow (I don't think it will) does that mean $450M by Thursday and $500M by next Sunday?

Shrug. I'm just glad it looks very likely to hit 400 in 10 days. That was the number I was hoping we could see after last weekend since this was a release with summer weekdays while TA1 wasn't. Everything after this is just the cherry on top.

I enjoyed Alvin 1 for the nostalgic reasons!

(I know quite a few enjoyed Ninja Turtles for that reason-I never liked the cartoon but I liked the 2014 film even!)

Very rough estimate.

Thank you.

That's not accurate, but its likely sold 40 or close to it. BOM just does a simple formula, its not accurate. 3D, IMAX, kids tickets, matinees, cheap tuesday, etc aren't taken into account. It's literally average ticket price divided by gross (or the other way around).

Okay, thanks for telling me. :)

Sorry to ask, but someone knows if the number of tickets for each movie in BOM is accurate?

Jurassic World really sold 49 million tickets until now? :huh:

From about 09-onwards (3D boom), the only ticket number that is accurate on BOM is the yearly/quarterly tickets sold.  For each individual film, they don't calculate the 3D or IMAX share, they just use the yearly average 3D/IMAX splits, so the numbers aren't accurate.  3D films are overestimated and 2D films are underestimated.

JW, for example, sold between 20.2-20.8M tickets on OW, not the near 26M that BOM is reporting (check my posting history; I've got a breakdown of the biggest openers posted in the last week), and therefore by definition just under 40M tickets sold as of Sunday.

Edited by Spizzer - Manav
  • Like 3

Shrug. I'm just glad it looks very likely to hit 400 in 10 days. That was the number I was hoping we could see after last weekend since this was a release with summer weekdays while TA1 wasn't. Everything after this is just the cherry on top.

I'm starting to get greedy. I'm hoping for this to beat TA1 and Titanic's domestic grosses. The latter is unlikely but then again, so everything this film has done so far.

From about 09-onwards (3D boom), the only ticket number that is accurate on BOM is the yearly/quarterly tickets sold.  For each individual film, they don't calculate the 3D or IMAX share, they just use the yearly average 3D/IMAX splits, so the numbers aren't accurate.  3D films are overestimated and 2D films are underestimated.

JW, for example, sold between 20.2-20.8M tickets on OW, not the near 26M that BOM is reporting (check my posting history; I've got a breakdown of the biggest openers posted in the last week), and therefore by definition just under 40M tickets sold as of Sunday.

I saw your list now, thank you. It was really helpful. :D

• Like 2