#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

So JW still at 30-35 then I guess?

I honestly have no idea how to interpret Rth's post. I thought he was just saying his interpretations are difficult to make and wasn't necessarily giving us anything, but that "JW just seeing if 30m is in play" is making me VERY nervous.

But again, you're using live-action examples. The Pixar guys are far more integrated into each movie's production than any live-action consultant or producer would be.

I just don't think Docter was really in a position to say "Hey, John, this sucks. Can't you do something else?" Especially since he's talked a lot in interviews about how he constantly fears getting fired.

Edited by tribefan695

Anyone at the theaters

give us some inside on whats selling out?

IO

JW

both?

lines for both, etc...

anyone

You know, you haven't posted much but I'm already not really fond of you.

• Like 1

Even if JW does not hit 30m  but 28 29 can still makes 100m just lol but can comes 2nd on the week end ....

I think  june is gonna be the place for blockbuster now instead of May... in the 80s and early 90 always been in June... so

Still gets to $100m weekend with $29m Friday. The fact it's even possible is insane after the amount of money it piled up over the weekdays. Normally that means a deflated weekend.

Right, but 30M+ would lock at least 95M+.

Anyone at the theaters

give us some inside on whats selling out?

IO

JW

both?

lines for both, etc...

anyone

Inside out sold out 14/15 shows. Only two of those were 3-D. JP sold out 4/6 2-D shows, 0/3 3-D, and 2/5 IMAX... substantially lower than last weekend, but totally expected. Honestly, IO was the biggest surprise.

• Like 1

Even if JW does not hit 30m  but 28 29 can still makes 100m just lol but can comes 2nd on the week end ....

I think  june is gonna be the place for blockbuster now instead of May... in the 80s and early 90 always been in June... so

Well May first weekend is Marvels weekend now so other studios gotta find somewhere else for their films

You know, you haven't posted much but I'm already not really fond of you.

thanks

others think i am nice... Haven't been a jerk to anyone...very positive

sorry for the bad vibe...

I just don't think Docter was really in a position to say "Hey, John, this really sucks. Can't you do something else?" Especially since he's talked a lot in interviews about how he constantly fears getting fired.

He was definitely in a position to do that (Catmull wrote in his book about how he makes it his job to make sure everyone always feels free to tell the director their ideas suck) although it's not like Lasseter has to listen to him, and Cars 2 made Disney a ton of money anyway.

• Like 1

I just don't think Docter was really in a position to say "Hey, John, this sucks. Can't you do something else?" Especially since he's talked a lot in interviews about how he constantly fears getting fired.

But it's not a one-on-one situation. There are like 12-15 of them, everyone gets involved in the story process. It's sort of like a writer's room.

I honestly have no idea how to interpret Rth's post. I thought he was just saying his interpretations are difficult to make and wasn't necessarily giving us anything, but that "JW just seeing if 30m is in play" is making me VERY nervous.

That makes two of us. I know it's greedy to hope for another great number from JW but once I realise there's a possibility for another record it's hard to get back down to earth.

When I 1st looked IO early afternoon had it near TS3 so likes high 30's thought no way , same thought with JW last week early afternoon had it mid-high 70's though no way lowered it

JW just seeing if 30 is in play,

working this stuff out bad best times let alone trying to do it on mobile phones

5418e31bc90e8c1aac00020c.gif?w=400&h=223

This is beyond awesome!

• Like 4

But it's not a one-on-one situation. There are like 12-15 of them, everyone gets involved in the story process. It's sort of like a writer's room.

Not "like", "is". Like all movies.

Shamefully, Hollywood still uses the term "director".  We must abolish it.

Have you seen the documentary about Pixar, pretty fascinating stuff.

You could make a movie about the story of Lasseter, Catmull, Docter, Stanton & co, they were really wiz kids that changed everything.

The shenanigans behind the making of Toy Story 2 are incredible, first one two.

And God bless Steve Jobs, he believed in those guys, he "understood" them.

When I 1st looked IO early afternoon had it near TS3 so likes high 30's thought no way , same thought with JW last week early afternoon had it mid-high 70's though no way lowered it

JW just seeing if 30 is in play,

working this stuff out bad best times let alone trying to do it on mobile phones

Wow, from your post it sounds like IO's going higher than high 30's. Potentially 2nd biggest OW ever by animation.