#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Not "like", "is". Like all movies.

Shamefully, Hollywood still uses the term "director".  We must abolish it.

With respect, I'm not sure you fully grasp the various situations here. If you're arguing against a strict auteur theory, then I'd probably agree (with certain exceptions). But that's pretty different than your suggestion... which doesn't make much sense to me.

Wow, from your post it sounds like IO's going higher than high 30's. Potentially 2nd biggest OW ever by animation.

I don't think it's likely to open over TS3...even if it comes near or matches its Friday you have to remember that TS3 didn't have 7PM Thursday previews.

But then I've been consistently underestimating IO (even though I love it.)

• Like 1

Does my head in doing this on mobile

for now IO 34-36, JW 29-31

wow!!

a 65% drop??

good for IO though!

Bummed for JW

didn't see this coming, although it's estimated at least.

From deadline:

3RD UPDATE, 6:08PM: We’re now hearing that Disney-Pixar’s Inside Out is on track for a $30M Friday, which would turn into an $80M-$82M opening weekend. That’s amazing, as it doesn’t appear to be stealing much family business away from Jurassic World, which looks to be very close to the $28M-$30M range. That should yield a second frame of $100M-$103M. Again, if JW passes, $103.05M, it will be the biggest second weekend ever for a movie, beating The Avengers. Open Road’s Dope looks to be doing better than expected with an FSS opening of $7M-$9M. All based on industry estimates.

Doing great matt. Hope you are well too. I'm not missing out on these weekends! Box office history in the making.

For sure man, I'm doing well, got my own place, my own car and a salaried job. Working my way up in the world :)

• Like 2

From deadline:

3RD UPDATE, 6:08PM: We’re now hearing that Disney-Pixar’s Inside Out is on track for a $30M Friday, which would turn into an $80M-$82M opening weekend. That’s amazing, as it doesn’t appear to be stealing much family business away from Jurassic World, which looks to be very close to the $28M-$30M range. That should yield a second frame of $100M-$103M. Again, if JW passes, $103.05M, it will be the biggest second weekend ever for a movie, beating The Avengers. Open Road’s Dope looks to be doing better than expected with an FSS opening of $7M-$9M. All based on industry estimates.

well thats better news.....