#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

From deadline:

3RD UPDATE, 6:08PM: We’re now hearing that Disney-Pixar’s Inside Out is on track for a $30M Friday, which would turn into an $80M-$82M opening weekend. That’s amazing, as it doesn’t appear to be stealing much family business away from Jurassic World, which looks to be very close to the $28M-$30M range. That should yield a second frame of $100M-$103M. Again, if JW passes, $103.05M, it will be the biggest second weekend ever for a movie, beating The Avengers. Open Road’s Dope looks to be doing better than expected with an FSS opening of $7M-$9M. All based on industry estimates.

Already posted.

From deadline:

3RD UPDATE, 6:08PM: We’re now hearing that Disney-Pixar’s Inside Out is on track for a $30M Friday, which would turn into an $80M-$82M opening weekend. That’s amazing, as it doesn’t appear to be stealing much family business away from Jurassic World, which looks to be very close to the $28M-$30M range. That should yield a second frame of $100M-$103M. Again, if JW passes, $103.05M, it will be the biggest second weekend ever for a movie, beating The Avengers. Open Road’s Dope looks to be doing better than expected with an FSS opening of $7M-$9M. All based on industry estimates.

Please let Dope open below 9.6M. :mellow:
  • Like 1

Does my head in doing this on mobile

for now IO 34-36, JW 29-31

Thanks.

Don't like how the numbers turned out that much (was hoping JW would still in front) but I won't kill the messenger.

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 1

Inside Out was the first Pixar movie I think I've ever seen that kids and adults BOTH cry, although for different reasons at the same moment. Fantastic film though; hope it makes all the money in the world

• Like 3

even if it fall short of the record don't care lol its weekdays will still be superior to TA so anyway...

near 100m 2 week end off +80m weekdays is historic lol just think about it :D

Yes it is. TDK made 80 weekdays and 75 second weekend. JP4 made 87 weekdays and is about to land around 100 on the weekend. Just crazy especially given the amount of competition for kids and parents from Inside Out, something neither TA1 nor TDK had to deal with in their second weekends.

• Like 1