#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Wait, but how would JW's internal multiplier he better than Inside Out? (which is a family animated film)

JW is on its 2nd weekend.  Inside Out had previews to slant its day-by-day distribution (3.25 day weekend instead of 3-day like JW) and is also an opener AND its summer so Saturday jumps are not as dramatic with kids off.  In this scenario it's absolutely expected that JW has the better internal multiplier.

• Like 6

JW looking at 105-110M with that number.

IO will have a stronger IM than what DL is projecting.  90M is probably happening.  We're going to need Rth's bullish 35M+ range for 100M.

3.7M Previews

29.1M Friday

32.1.M Saturday

25.6M Sunday

90.5M OW

Your are forgetting its Fathers Day on Sunday

• Like 1

This weekend is awesome. Despite Inside Out being the far better movie in my opinion I hope JW takes first so IO can get the 2nd place record. I can't believe that we are in talks of Jurrasic World crossing 400m in 10 days and Inside Out have a nine figure opening.

Also, it is really cool how fast the thread cleared up. Only took one sweep.

Your are forgetting its Fathers Day on Sunday

You're right, but I don't expect FD to have as dramatic an effect on IO's Sunday than JW's.  Might drop 12-15% instead of the 20% I used.

I think JW will beat Avengers domestic for sure. With 4th of July boost and super strong weekdays 650m+ domestic is lock. Question is can it gross 700m. I think Avatar is safe at the moment.

This will inspire you to reconsider the final sentence:

Jw:

Fri 30.7

Sat 39.0

Sun 36.3

Wknd 106

IO:

Fri 32.8

sat 30.0

sun 24.2

wknd 87

Wow.. That number would be amazing for JW on it's opening weekend.

If it does that number on it's 2nd weekend against a 90m+ opener, then amazing won't cut it. This is something else.

I am confident IO will win next weekend. It will have a crazy drop. I think despite minions its gonna get close to 400m. Hopefully it does even better and beats Minions and AOU.

They scheduled it really well actually. A full three weekends to gross before Minions. Even if Minions were to kill legs, it will have done some serious damage by then.

Wow.. That number would be amazing for JW on it's opening weekend.

If it does that number on it's 2nd weekend against a 90m+ opener, then amazing won't cut it. This is something else.

+1

With The Avengers type competition JW may have done 120+