#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

I think JW will beat Avengers domestic for sure. With 4th of July boost and super strong weekdays 650m+ domestic is lock. Question is can it gross 700m. I think Avatar is safe at the moment.

IMO it would need like 115-120M this weekend to top Avatar.  700M on the other hand, seems more likely with every passing day.

We're all aware Avatar grossed 760 million dollars right? For those of you think 700 is in play...theres an extra 60 after that. 500 is gravy and 600 would be great, but Avatar shouldnt be in this discussion. That movie was in a run class of its own.

Avengers and TDK is best to "showdown" this with.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 7

The industry’s top 10 films as of 11PM Friday night:

1). Jurassic World (UNI), 4,291 theaters (+17)/ $30.7M Fri. (-63%)/ 3-day cume: $106.8M (-49%)/Total Cume: $405.1M / Wk 2

i'll take that even though I was really hoping for 120m+ million earlier when the high end of rth's estimate was 35m lol

• Like 1

We're all aware Avatar grossed 760 million dollars right? For those of you think 700 is in play...theres an extra 60 after that. 500 is gravy and 600 would be great, but Avatar shouldnt be in this discussion. That movie was in a run class of its own.

Avengers. It's blowing way past TDK.

These IO predictions though

I saw more conservative predictions from Age of Ultron

That's who we are at the BOT forums :D

Just my two cents, based on what we already have, I think Jurassic World will finish somewhere above $600M but lower than $623M. Inside Out will settle just over $300M. Still FANTASTIC results!

This.

Every time a movie has another milestone within reach people just can't help themselves but raising the bar ridiculously higher. What next?? GWTW adjusted number?

Avatar is untouchable until the next Avatar unless SW7 turns out to be awesome.

This.

Every time a movie has another milestone within reach people just can't help themselves but raising the bar ridiculously higher. What next?? GWTW adjusted number?

Avatar is untouchable until the next Avatar unless SW7 turns out to be awesome.

JW will be 350m away from Avatar after a 100m+ 2nd weekend. Avatar is far from "untouchable" right now. I do agree that JW will fall short, but I bet not by much more than 40m or so.

• Like 1

If JW can hold on to at least $104.5M this weekend, not only will it be a second weekend record, but it will also be the only film in the top 20 OW's to drop less than 50% its second weekend, despite being at the very top!

Try to comprehend that one.

• Like 2