kayumanggi

RAMPAGE | 13 April 2018 | Warner Brothers | Dwayne Johnson

Joe Manganiello (True Blood) and Marley Shelton are in talks to star in Rampage. Can't give my thoughts on it because I've never seen an episode of True Blood. I'm also not very familiar with Shelton's work. But I think I know what roles they are going to portray...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/joe-manganiello-marley-shelton-talks-join-dwayne-johnson-rampage-973690

I didn't see this coming.

‘The Walking Dead’s Jeffrey Dean Morgan Joins Dwayne Johnson’s ‘Rampage’

EXCLUSIVE: The Walking Dead‘s Jeffrey Dean Morgan will put down the baseball bat for a while as he has signed on to join Dwayne Johnson in the New Line monster movie Rampage. The film is on track for an April 20, 2018, release and has an ensemble cast that includes Moonlight‘s Naomie Harris, Malin Akerman, Joe Manganiello, Jake Lacy, Marley Shelton, PJ Byrne, Jack Quaid, Matt Gerald and Breanne Hill.

https://deadline.com/2017/04/jeffrey-dean-morgan-dwayne-johnson-rampage-negan-the-walking-dead-1202062005/

Edited by NoobSaibot

4 minutes ago, jandrew said:

No way they keep this date when it's all said and done. With this cast this isn't gonna be a niche movie. Would be suicide to open a week before IW.

There is a two week gap between Rampage and Avengers: Infinity War, so WB is probably content with its current spot.

Just now, NoobSaibot said:

There is a two week gap between Rampage and Avengers: Infinity War, so WB is probably content with its current spot.

I can see this moving to summer. WB currently don't have a big tentpole in summer, I can see both Ready Player One and this movie going there to fill that void.

Just now, grim22 said:

I can see this moving to summer. WB currently don't have a big tentpole in summer, I can see both Ready Player One and this movie going there to fill that void.

Actually, yeah. You're right. I can see that happening.

The only issue I can see is that 2018 Summer schedule is fucking daunting. An April release date would be a neat pre-Summer release to get people ready for that year, and it wouldn't drown among a sea of juggernauts. I mean....Jurassic World sequel, The Incredibles 2, that Bumblebee spinoff. All of that is in June alone. Not to mention that Han Solo film.

3 hours ago, grim22 said:

RPO will probably stay put, its in a plum slot and it'll do better at Easter then in the heart of summer 

I think this is gonna move to June. I also think one between Ready Player One and Tomb Raider gets the Easter Weekend release date while another moves to July or August.