kayumanggi

RAMPAGE | 13 April 2018 | Warner Brothers | Dwayne Johnson

3 hours ago, harrycaul said:

Saw some tweet's saying the premiere is tonight. Maybe some word out of there what the movie is really like.

(RT approved critic)

(not an RT approved reviewer)

Not that much out there from verified accounts that I can see (there are some more that I haven't posted, but they don't seem to be critics), though the official twitter account is reply tweeting to a bunch of folks.

A little busy right this second, I'll look for more reactions in a bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another RT approved critic:

Do have to say I'm a little... surprised to see so few tweets under the search "Rampage filter:verified" even without restricting it to critics. The ones that are out there are pretty positive, however (as are the ones under #rampagemovie).

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RT approved critic:

So, this is exactly what I wanted. Motherfucking FUCK YES. (Love that some of the reactions are emphasizing the Rock/George friendship as the heart of the movie, which is the vibe I've been getting from the trailers.)

@Thematrixfilm Don't know what you're talking about when you say Tomb Raider only matched Warcraft (if you mean DOM box office-wise, TR has already beaten Warcraft... WC went sub-50M, TR is already over 50), but I do think there's a chance that Rampage could outreview TR, yes. And I still think it will cross 100M DOM without difficulty.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

This probably could have been 200+ huge DOM if they had released it on Tomb Raider's date. As it is, there's just no way legs are going to be very good once IW desolates the rest of the moviegoing landscape. 

But Jumanji and the greatest showman did more than fine despite The Last Jedi. 

Anything over 40M next weekend would be a pleasant surprise at this point. Previews are in a week, and I've yet to see a single sale go by on Pulse. Ready Player One and A Wrinkle in Time had a significant presence one week before release, and stuff like A Quiet Place (which may hit 50M), Blockers, Red Sparrow, and Tomb Raider were showing up every so often. Hell, Super Troopers 2 has been showing up a lot, and nobody is expecting big things from that! Rampage has not been selling like a 40M and especially 50M action opener.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Anything over 40M next weekend would be a pleasant surprise at this point. Previews are in a week, and I've yet to see a single sale go by on Pulse. Ready Player One and A Wrinkle in Time had a significant presence one week before release, and stuff like A Quiet Place (which may hit 50M), Blockers, Red Sparrow, and Tomb Raider were showing up every so often. Hell, Super Troopers 2 has been showing up a lot, and nobody is expecting big things from that! Rampage has not been selling like a 40M and especially 50M action opener.

Why would anybody need to buy tickets more than 2-3 days in advance for this?

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Why would anybody need to buy tickets more than 2-3 days in advance for this?

That's not my point. Even if it's walkup based, there should still be a decent amount of sales a week prior to release for an action movie opening over 30M (especially anything higher). Its (lack of) behavior so far indicates something under 30M.

Edited by WrathOfHan

38 minutes ago, McNerdy said:

But Jumanji and the greatest showman did more than fine despite The Last Jedi. 

Different season. They had Christmas break and did not loose screens before of TLJ. Rampage will also have DP2 and Solo in May to take away screens. 

It honestly feels like the buzz and hype has severely dwindled once it has gotten closer to release. The second trailer sucked, it probably won't get stellar reviews, and when it comes to the marketplace, RPO, AQP and especially IW have all been sucking up the attention the past few weeks. In January, I thought this could reach $200M. Now, I'm doubting if it'll even cross the century mark.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

It honestly feels like the buzz and hype has severely dwindled once it has gotten closer to release. The second trailer sucked, it probably won't get stellar reviews, and when it comes to the marketplace, RPO, AQP and especially IW have all been sucking up the attention the past few weeks. In January, I thought this could reach $200M. Now, I'm doubting if it'll even cross the century mark.

Yep. I'm going with 35/105 right now just because there's enough weekends where it can have a good hold (4/20, 5/4, 5/11), but the CBMs are going to hurt it badly. Being in the shadow of A Quiet Place doesn't help either.