kayumanggi

RAMPAGE | 13 April 2018 | Warner Brothers | Dwayne Johnson

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

It honestly feels like the buzz and hype has severely dwindled once it has gotten closer to release. The second trailer sucked, it probably won't get stellar reviews, and when it comes to the marketplace, RPO, AQP and especially IW have all been sucking up the attention the past few weeks. In January, I thought this could reach $200M. Now, I'm doubting if it'll even cross the century mark.

I think The Rock's drawing power will be enough to get it past a $40M opening. The only miss he's had in recent years was Baywatch, but that really did look like ass (and was) whereas this looks like potentially goofy fun. We'll have to see if the video game curse strikes this one, but was the game even that popular? If I wasn't into movie news, I would've just assumed this was pitched as an "original" silly Dwayne Johnson vehicle.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jandrew said:

I just saw a money shot of the alligator taking down the mf Sears Tower. Uh oh.

Chicago is the third biggest city in America..and not that far behind #2 (LA),but for some reason it does not get trashed by monsters as much as it should. Hell, San Francisco is a lot smaller, but it gets trashed regularly.

Guaranteed, this will do very well in Chicagoland. People love seeing their hometown wrecked

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Chicago is the third biggest city in America..and not that far behind #2 (LA),but for some reason it does not get trashed by monsters as much as it should. Hell, San Francisco is a lot smaller, but it gets trashed regularly.

Guaranteed, this will do very well in Chicagoland. People love seeing their hometown wrecked

Recognizable Landmarks. Goldengate is pretty iconic, and really fun to watch twist and snap and get blown up. Plus, being a coastal area, and on a fault line mean it's pretty easy to cause an excuse to really just fucked it up as the mood hits.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, dudalb said:

JKHtZCN.jpg

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

It honestly feels like the buzz and hype has severely dwindled once it has gotten closer to release. The second trailer sucked, it probably won't get stellar reviews, and when it comes to the marketplace, RPO, AQP and especially IW have all been sucking up the attention the past few weeks. In January, I thought this could reach $200M. Now, I'm doubting if it'll even cross the century mark.

Stop acting like RPO and AQP are some massive hit movies. lol

RPO won't even do half of Jumanji 2's DOM.

And AQP is way too weird of a movie to break out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Stop acting like RPO and AQP are some massive hit movies. lol

RPO won't even do half of Jumanji 2's DOM.

And AQP is way too weird of a movie to break out.

Orly? Tracking has it around Split at the same point in time. And it's a supremely well reviewed mainstream horror movie in 2018 that actually delievers on its marketing's promises. It's bound to break out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Orly? Tracking has it around Split at the same point in time. And it's a supremely well reviewed mainstream horror movie in 2018 that actually delievers on its marketing's promises. It's bound to break out.

Forget it MC, it's Mojoguy.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Chances this actually gets a fresh Tomatometer? :ph34r:

Well, as I just said in the Mouse or Drought thread, I AM a tiny bit concerned at the lack of social media buzz about Rampage post-premiere.  

Mind, I haven't checked for reactions yesterday or today, but Twitter was surprisingly quiet the night of the premiere.

That being said, it doesn't look to be the type of film that critics savage, and the plot is apparently pretty coherent.  So I could see it falling in the 58-68 range.  More likely to be fresh than not, in other words. 

Might depend on how grumpy the critic in question is that day. :lol:

Don't think it'll get an exceptional x/10 rating though.  

• Like 3