kayumanggi

RAMPAGE | 13 April 2018 | Warner Brothers | Dwayne Johnson

29 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Have to admit, I'm a little surprised.  I thought the goofy fun factor would at least elevate this to around 6 out of 10 and maybe a 55 to 62 RT score.  Could still hit that though of course, but not looking good.

Most of the reviews are saying that it fails to deliver in the goofy fun department. Goofy fun is not as easy to do as it looks.

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Most of the reviews are saying that it fails to deliver in the goofy fun department.

Yes, so I've seen.  Dumb, but entertaining, is one thing.  Dumb and boring another.

Also seen at least a couple of reviews comment on the sfx, which has been a concern for me ever since I saw the Super Bowl ad.

Still, might be goofy enough fun for people looking for a popcorn flick.  So maybe it'll still get good WOM. 

• Like 1

I think 40 is dead, but low 30's maybe even 35 is still possible IMO.

Also, at least VG movies are on the right trend... from being absolute shit to, well now they're at least watchable. Following the trajectory of Assassin's Creed to TR/Rampage, 2 years and they'll be winning oscars. 

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Was anyone expecting great reviews, it's the same team behind San Andreas. 

San Andreas played like a "dead-serious" disaster movie. This looked more fun and almost tongue in cheek. Maybe not great reviews but I definately thought it will do much better than San Andreas on RT. Critics are usually more kind to movies that seem to be in on the joke. 

Review fall probably in the good enough for this category, at least for the first 2/3 days, it is not a drama.

Should not expect legs specially with Avengers coming up at is week 3, but that was always a big opening type of movie anyway.

1 hour ago, StevenG said:

So the "video game movie curse" has not been broken after all... :D

Depends how you view it, none of the critics issues seem to come from anything related to the game, the same cannot be said for Tomb Raider / Warcraft / AC etc

the animated mario film is probably gonna be the first one to be well liked. I imagine Rampage will go down fine with audiences though, critics opinions are pretty irrelevant.

Uncharted is never going to happen