kayumanggi

RAMPAGE | 13 April 2018 | Warner Brothers | Dwayne Johnson

6 minutes ago, YLF said:

This isnt selling well near me at all. A quiet place was nearly selling out. Rampage is  almost empty. Only 4 tickets sold for a 3D showing at a local AMC thats starts at 7PM. The 2D showing at 10 has 20 tickets sold. They should've just did 2D at 7PM. It probably wouldve sold better.

The MT performance is kind of pathetic for this kind of a film. It's doing way worse than PRU did there. Granted that didn't have quite as much competition, but the competition isn't huge for Rampage either. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

The MT performance is kind of pathetic for this kind of a film. It's doing way worse than PRU did there. Granted that didn't have quite as much competition, but the competition isn't huge for Rampage either. 

Several comps at my theater for tomorrow have it in the high-teens/low-20s (it's also running behind Pacific Rim for both previews and tomorrow). If it seriously goes that low, it'd be an outright disaster.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Haha 1

The more reviews I watch for this, the more i'm like .....um.

I stan a lot of people and watched nearly all of their movies this year so far (not you sherlock gnomes) so I'm just going to buck up and do this. Can't be all that bad.

7 minutes ago, Morieris said:

The more reviews I watch for this, the more i'm like .....um.

I stan a lot of people and watched nearly all of their movies this year so far (not you sherlock gnomes) so I'm just going to buck up and do this. Can't be all that bad.

It’s decent. I mean it’s the first video game movie adaptation I gave a solid thumbs up to. 

Or basically SAN ANDREAS made love to EVERY WHICH WAY BUT LOOSE but forgot to use a condom thus RAMPAGE was conceived.

49 minutes ago, YLF said:

This isnt selling well near me at all. A quiet place was nearly selling out. Rampage is  almost empty. Only 4 tickets sold for a 3D showing at a local AMC thats starts at 7PM. The 2D showing at 10 has 20 tickets sold. They should've just did 2D at 7PM. It probably wouldve sold better.

I was saying last week, these out-of-nowhere hits like A Quiet Place can be a nightmare for star driven tent poles :)

Just now, OdinSon2k14 said:

I was saying last week, these out-of-nowhere hits like A Quiet Place can be a nightmare for star driven tent poles :)

Yeah, I even said last weekend that there's always at least one casualty in the bunch when there's a couple of breakouts but it kinda got shrugged off.

I think Hollywood has screwed the pooch too many times for too long when it come to video game movies and audiences are over it. One shitty one after the other, never getting better. Now the genre finally seems like it has been taking a step in the right direction with TR and this one, but unfortunately it seems the GA are done giving them chances. I think we're going to need a truly great one with a great marketing campaign to break the stigma at this point. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RRA said:

basically SAN ANDREAS made love to EVERY WHICH WAY BUT LOOSE but forgot to use a condom thus RAMPAGE was conceived.

If that doesn't go on the upcoming TV promos for the next ad buy, WB's marketing department will REALLY be dropping the ball.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I think Hollywood has screwed the pooch too many times for too long when it come to video game movies and audiences are over it. One shitty one after the other, never getting better. Now the genre finally seems like it has been taking a step in the right direction with TR and this one, but unfortunately it seems the GA are done giving them chances. I think we're going to need a truly great one with a great marketing campaign to break the stigma at this point. 

Its quality could be a bit up in the air, but I feel like the Mario Illumination movie is a safe bet box office wise. I'd say it'll probably beat Lara Croft: Tomb Raider and be the highest-grossing VGM in the states when it comes out.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This did really pitiful at my theater tonight. The 7:00 in the giant screen auditorium didn't even sell 50 seats in total.

Showings around Orlando were incredibly hit or miss. Some shows sold decently, but others were pretty empty (especially some PLFs)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Showings around Orlando were incredibly hit or miss. Some shows sold decently, but others were pretty empty (especially some PLFs)

They had a 7:45 in one of the smaller auditoriums (50 seats) and even that didn't sell out. I'm not expecting much more than $2M in previews, if even that.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

They had a 7:45 in one of the smaller auditoriums (50 seats) and even that didn't sell out. I'm not expecting much more than $2M in previews, if even that.

I don't think the first 2D show in Disney Springs' biggest auditorium even sold 40 tickets.

2 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

If this does poorly I don't think you can blame it on being a video game movie. I wouldn't be surprised if 80+% of the audience has no clue it's a video game movie.

I think this simply fell victim to bad timing. Ready Player One and A Quiet Place both broke out and Avengers is two weeks away from conquering everything.