baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

Lol I'm just curious what concession items do your guys' theatres sell? Mine is a small theatre so we only got popcorn, fountain drinks, candy, nachos cotton candy, and ice cream (Hagan Das and drumsticks etc). But I know my friend has a frozen yogurt bar at his.

I avoid the concession stand like the plague. I don't have money to spend 30 dollars on snacks and soda.

The grocery store next to my theater sells junior mints and other snacks for a dollar each.

Cotton Candy? That's a new one

Yea we make it every two days usually, every 3 when it's slow. Just pink and blue, but for Minions we're going to start doing yellow, but I'm kind of excited for Pixels because we're doing the "4 flavors in one bag" to represent like, the ghosts in Pac-Man, that might look cool.
  • Like 1

Lol I'm just curious what concession items do your guys' theatres sell? Mine is a small theatre so we only got popcorn, fountain drinks, candy, nachos cotton candy, and ice cream (Hagan Das and drumsticks etc). But I know my friend has a frozen yogurt bar at his.

Don't sell Cotton candy but we have a Cotton Candy Machine. Has all the other stuff but we recently added stuff like Chicken Tenders, Hamburgers, Spicy Chicken Jalepeno Poppers and Mozerella sticks.

• Like 1

That sounds like an insane UK debut. What were the comparable DM2 numbers?

Many people have been saying it, but I really do think Minions will basically play like DM3. It's just going to be a worldwide monster from now until July 17, and even with big competition, its going to make A LOT of money!

DM2 was $22M, similar exchange rate.

Edited by GirafficPark

Many people have been saying it, but I really do think Minions will basically play like DM3. It's just going to be a worldwide monster from now until July 17, and even with big competition, its going to make A LOT of money!

DM franchise is playing out like Ice age...great 1st film and not-so-great sequels...

few yrs down the line...the only thing people will remember will be the minion antics...not that universal will complain...

DM2 made 22.5m

I avoid the concession stand like the plague. I don't have money to spend 30 dollars on snacks and soda.

The grocery store next to my theater sells junior mints and other snacks for a dollar each.

I don't blame you honestly. Sometimes it's hard working in there because literally every customer is mad at you (me) personally for the prices.

"Guys come on, I just work here" (I feel like that kid from JW who works at the gyrosphere. Seriously sir, I'm sorry you spent $70 at concession but you're the one who bought 4 large popcorns, 4 large drinks, 2 plates of nachos, a bag of candy for each of those popcorns, and 3 cotton candies for your kids.

Lol I get a lot of "f*** this, or this is a f**** highway robbery, or in one case f*** you". But it's fun working there lol.

• Like 1

This! I also watched Minions yesterday and it was super boring, I can't believe how bad this movie was, and I'm a big Minions fan.

Even my little sister fell asleep watching, lol.

I saw Minions yesterday too, and my audience ate it up, so I don't think it'll have bag legs. 

St. Michael Cinema No cotton but everything you mention above plus pretzel,  hot dogs, pizza, mozzarella sticks, crab cakes, Buffalo wings,  chicken fingers beer, hard alcohol, 

Rogers Muller  sells Candy, pop, mini donuts, popcorn. and  pretzels.

AMC Arbor Lakes  Hot dogs, pizza, candy, pop, popcorn, chicken fingers, Nachos, pretzels.

Elk River Marcus Candy, Pop corn, pop, nachos, pretzel 

Don't sell Cotton candy but we have a Cotton Candy Machine. Has all the other stuff but we recently added stuff like Chicken Tenders, Hamburgers, Spicy Chicken Jalepeno Poppers and Mozerella sticks.

We were supposed to start selling pizza but I don't know what happened to that. I wish we had because with my staff card I could have gotten it for so much cheaper than say Panago or Little Ceasers even.

St. Michael Cinema No cotton but everything you mention above plus pretzel, hot dogs, pizza, mozzarella sticks, crab cakes, Buffalo wings, chicken fingers beer, hard alcohol,

Rogers Muller sells Candy, pop, mini donuts, popcorn. and pretzels.

AMC Arbor Lakes Hot dogs, pizza, candy, pop, popcorn, chicken fingers, Nachos, pretzels.

Elk River Marcus Candy, Pop corn, pop, nachos, pretzel

Hard alcohol? Do they have to kick people out often for being drunk in a theatre and causing disruptions? We don't sell alcohol but we've had to kick people out for getting drunk in an auditorium...