baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

Do you guys limit a person on how much people have something to drink.

I can't remember if we did. I do not if the new management does. I could not  work in the bar since I was not older enough back when I worked there. 

Concession prices at movie theaters are always high because the theaters don't get paid enough by the studio. I think they only get a small percentage cut of the gross.

We don't make any money on tickets. I guess it depends on the theatre chain but the money that doesn't go to the studio goes to head office. Everything comes from concession, and my boss is telling me we usually only break even every year if that. The years we do make profit is about 2 to 4% but head office funds us to keep us open (thank god).
  • Like 2

I wonder if Trevorrow signed a contract where he gets a percentage of the WW gross?

I don't think so. Usually the big reward comes with the follow-ups, but he's not going back for the sequel (at least not as director).

eat before sneak in some garnola bars and candy and eat real food after .

Theaters are a already a rip off with the ticket prices. 

Price for popcorn and coke I can buy pizza for 2-3 guys and drinks after. 

Before any one moralizing me about I should not bring in outside food, I have no patience for such  moral nonsense.

Three theaters around me have tickets for $7 at night and $5 for matinee 

I wonder if Trevorrow signed a contract where he gets a percentage of the WW gross?

One of the major reasons studios are hiring nobodies is so they don't have to pony up backend

• Like 4

Few get backend regardless anymore, it's why budgets are a lot bigger thesedays.

Plenty of directors do, especially if they're also producers. It just doesn't tend to get reported on

Plenty of directors do, especially if they're also producers. It just doesn't tend to get reported on

Not to the level it once was, way more of a gamble thesedays for both sides. Cost control for studios to give out as few points as possible/know what your upfront expenses are.

Edited by GiantCALBears
  • Like 1