baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

IO is running a lot like TS 3

3 days: IO/TS3 = 90.44/110.31 ~ 82%

10 days: IO/TS3 = 184.95/226.89 ~ 82%

IO will end its run with 338M

Except TS3 had a horrible 3rd weekend hold due to Last Airbender

Inside Out should drop 30-35%. And after Minions have 15-35% drop until Labor Day

$335-340 million is the floor at this point

Jurassic World's success shows 3 things:

1) You can't predict the box office. There is so much information out there, but no one is consistently predicting the box office correctly. There's just no way to gauge what will catch on.

2) Franchises are where the big money is. This is why studios concentrate so much on franchises. This is why there is sequel after sequel and prequel after prequel. Franchises are what the majority of movie-goers want to see.

3) Disney really needs to make an Indiana Jones movie. An excellent Indiana Jones movie could do massive numbers at the box office.

Franchises like Terminator, Mission Impossible & Fantastic 4? Lol I'll set the line at .5 of those 3 films being decent.

3) Disney really needs to make an Indiana Jones movie. An excellent Indiana Jones movie could do massive numbers at the box office.

I went from not wanting one to really being excited about it. But the script has to be great and it has to be Chris Pratt.  :P

So we're at a point where 450m+/1bn+ is considered nothing special. Ok, I don't get it but ok

It's a sequel to a movie that blew the doors off what was possible OW, 2nd weekend hold at 9 figures. Sorry if I'm not exactly impressed when it was ALWAYS going to do huge. Can you imagine if it did less than the #s you posted? Lol please

No Pratt, he feels far to obvious

Yes, because you absolutely want to let your new Indiana Jones be a huge risk, right?

In this case, the whole franchise reboot is already a risk, so smart choice would be to go with someone most audience could get behind. I don't see a better candidate than Pratt right now.

Yes, because you absolutely want to let your new Indiana Jones be a huge risk, right?

In this case, the whole franchise reboot is already a risk, so smart choice would be to go with someone most audience could get behind. I don't see a better candidate than Pratt right now.

I personally would love for them to use Shia...

• Like 1

I'll compare JW and JP1 with their 17th days.

JW is at $500M DOM in it's 17th day.

JP1 was at $171M DOM in it's 17th day.

So JW is outpacing the first one with nearly $330M DOM higher gross.

There is a job opening at BOM..apply today itself.

Jurassic World's success shows 3 things:

1) You can't predict the box office. There is so much information out there, but no one is consistently predicting the box office correctly. There's just no way to gauge what will catch on.

2) Franchises are where the big money is. This is why studios concentrate so much on franchises. This is why there is sequel after sequel and prequel after prequel. Franchises are what the majority of movie-goers want to see.

But because of point 1 in your quote, studios need to focus on original films cause they don't which one will spawn a franchise.

Did Fox know they will be announcing so many Avatar sequels while the first one was being made. Disney probably were confident there will be more Prince of Persias and John Carpenters. Little did they know they will be working on a sequel for Frozen.

Sony did not know that they were making a solid franchise when 21 JS was being made. One that will have better footing domestically than spiderman.

Edited by a2k

It's a sequel to a movie that blew the doors off what was possible OW, 2nd weekend hold at 9 figures. Sorry if I'm not exactly impressed when it was ALWAYS going to do huge. Can you imagine if it did less than the #s you posted? Lol please

When those grosses become the norm you have my permission to be unimpressed

• Like 1