baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

Comedy sequels that did better than the first one ?

22 Jump Street, The Fockers 2, ?????? Other ???

The Hangover 2 opened much bigger then the first, but dropped off from it ultimately, because it was shit. 

Edited by Insidearcher
  • Like 1

So based on these numbers I guess Ted 2 will not win the weekend (at least as long as it stays on the low end of Rth's prediction).

But since IO is in the lead, doesn't that make it most likely to win? Is there some trend that favors JW despite making (probably) less than IO today?

Edited by JennaJ

Just checked.

That Hangover III drop was br00tal.

The poster was enough to turn me off that film. Cooper and co looked depressed, and clearly didn't want to be in the film, since it was a studio obligated sequel. 

So based on these numbers I guess Ted 2 will not win the weekend (at least as long as it stays on the low end of Rth's prediction).

But since IO is in the lead, doesn't that make it most likely to win? Is there some trend that favors JW despite making (probably) less than IO?

It is June, no school for kids, so weekend jumps from weekdays aren't as big for animated movies. ;)

• Like 1

But since IO is in the lead, doesn't that make it most likely to win? Is there some trend that favors JW despite making (probably) less than IO today?

I thin people are assuming a lower Saturday jump for IO.

• Like 1

Ted 2 underperforming? Really, you don't say!.... Lol

I've been saying this movie will disappoint. I initially called a bomb, but then I realized disappointment is a better word.

I am not surprised at all.

Ted 2 will fail to hit 100M. Considering how beloved the first was, it is a really strange case. It also seems to be under performing everywhere. 

• Like 1