baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

Ted 2 will fail to hit 100M. Considering how beloved the first was, it is a really strange case. It also seems to be under performing everywhere. 

Maybe the original wasn't that beloved, maybe people liked the concept itself more than the actual movie. I certainly fall into that category. Concept is great, film itself not as funny as it should have been and way too fucking long for that kind of movie.

• Like 5

It s summer people, not EVERY movie can be a break out, there always are casualties because people don t see every summer movie, they have to choose some of them because money is finite.

• Like 3

Yikes that's bad for Ted 2. Might not do $40M OW. 

Ted 1 is an extended SNL sketch anyway. How many ways you can make a foul-mouthed Teddy bear funny?

After a while, the novelty wears off, and Ted is going to Showtime as a 30-minute/episode TV series

• Like 1

Maybe the original wasn't that beloved, maybe people liked the concept itself more than the actual movie. I certainly fall into that category. Concept is great, film itself not as funny as it should have been and way too fucking long for that kind of movie.

I found the first one funny but not memorable. I don't recall a single plot detail or lasting impression from that movie.

Basically it was nice while it lasted but left me with no desire to see a follow-up.

Plus Ted 2 was basically a cash-in sequel, with no real thought put into it, and a lot of people gotta be safe with their money. 

Edited by Insidearcher

Plus Ted 2 was basically a cash-in sequel, with no real thought put into it, and a lot of people gotta be conservative with their money. 

Hangover 2 was a cash-in sequel but the original Hangover was truly beloved. First time I saw that movie was on a flight between Houston and Paris with my sister. Both of us were laughing our asses off so much we probably pissed off the other people on the plane around us, haha. Hangover 1 is legendary comedy.

• Like 3

Hangover 2 was a cash-in sequel but the original Hangover was truly beloved. First time I saw that movie was on a flight between Houston and Paris with my sister. Both of us were laughing our asses off so much we probably pissed off the other people on the plane around us, haha. Hangover 1 is legendary comedy.

I watched 30 minutes of The Hangover, then I turned it off because it was dull I couldn't take it for another minute

• Like 1

I feel they waited too long (should have been 2 years instead of 3) plus Seth MacFarlane in between released the bomb A Million Ways.

• Like 1