baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

Barely, but yes. ERC is pissed off for some reason

SAN ANDREAS is going to gross more than MAD MAX: FURY ROAD. That's depressing. I hope The Rock sleeps well at night knowing that.— Exhibitor Relations (@ERCboxoffice) June 22, 2015

IL0KM.gif

Edited by C00k13
  • Like 4

And this:

Matrix Reloaded > The Matrix

Back to the Future 2 > Back to the Future

At World's End > All POTC films

I'm ready. Come get it.

What? All else can be tolerated but there is no way anyone in the complete world would like The Matrix 2 more than The Matrix. I mean, the original Matrix was just so good! The thrill. The dialogues. The Knowing and explaining of Matrix. The development of Neo. The Iconic Scenes. I liked Matrix Reloaded too but it isn't tenth of its predecessor. Anybody who says its better either didn't understand it or is lying, or he may just love action and thought the second one was better in that aspect which would be wrong too. Edited by Infernus
  • Like 3

What's your favorite non-Scorsese, non-Cameron, non-Spielberg, non-Scott, non-Fincher, non-Tarantino, non-Kubrick, non-Burton, non-Raimi, non-Mann, non-Jackson movie?

Life of Pi and The Matrix. These are both Measterpieces of the highest degree. Matrix is the more Iconic and Mind-blowing one but Life of Pi is more closer to the heart.

Taking this a little too serious, aren't they???

Can't blame them. In an Ideal world Fury Road would have made 450m Dom while San Andreas' gross would remain the same. (JW would gross 350m and IO would gross 400-450).

I tend to have a soft spot for "shitty" sequels. 

Reloaded was far from a shitty sequel, just didnt shake up the world like its predecessor did. Still loved it tho.

Matrix R ... Now that could be the one of the kings of  shitty dissappointing sequel enders right there :(.

• Like 1

Can't blame them. In an Ideal world Fury Road would have made 450m Dom while San Andreas' gross would remain the same. (JW would gross 350m and IO would gross 400-450).

In an ideal world if Fury Road did 450m, people would be disappointed, because it didn't break any huge record, and some would just laugh saying still didn't match TDKR adjusted numbers :unsure:

• Like 1

For someone so incredibly successful Lucas sure is a stupid hack. He must have sold his soul or something. How 6 such terrible movies have done so well and seem so compelling is a mystery.

Maybe that's because he's not a stupid hack.

The only hope is that franchise sinks so fast that Universal turns to, uh, more unconventional plots. :rofl:

Well, the woman I saw it with last night didn't like it at all.  She said it was boring, unrealistic, a retread of the first and she had no idea why I liked it so much.  

Not sure if I'll be going out with her again.

We also watched The Last American Virgin (classic 80's movie) last week and she didn't like that.  Although she did like Men Women and Children and she LOVED This is Where I Leave You, so I guess she's okay.  :)

• Like 2

they aren't dead, just

people want to see an appealing one Get Hard didn't hit it for some people but 90 million domestic total is pretty good especially for a R-rated film with Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart because The Campaign only did 86 3 years ago and The Wedding Ringer did 64 back in January so it's doing good. Spy will get to 100 million because it's 11.7 million away from it and it's holding power is pretty good. Ted 2 yeah usually the first time is better. Comedy sequels have taken large drop offs for example Scary Movie 2 made 86 million less than the original, Horrible Bosses 2 made 63 million less, and Porky's 2 made 72 million less. So really for a comedy sequel to a movie that people just liked that's average but Universal should be expecting about a total around 80-100 million domestic depending on it's holds going forward. Now I just hope Trainwreck does well, if not I'm not talking about or going/watching movies ever again.

Yep, that's a pretty dumb article.  And Spy will get to 120.  That 34% Sunday drop they are projecting is too high imo.  

Inside Out just needs a 3.3 multiplier to get to $300 million domestic!  COME ON IO!  

300 was locked for it on Friday.

Fuck it, I dont care if its 1:30AM I'm watching JP1 right now. Terminator '84 too since I havent seen it in years & liked Genisys

I'm going to get a BR set of JP soon.  I watched T2 on Saturday.  So freakin epic that film is and I can't wait for Genisys.

I hear Terminator is Horrid, is that true?

Who told you this and why are you associating with them?  No one puts Terminator in a corner.

• Like 1

I'm leaning towards liking JW more than JP.  :ph34r:

Me too.

Aliens > Alien

Terminator 2 > Terminator

JW > JP

Spiderman 2 > Spiderman

• Like 1

With Ted 2 disappointing, Tomorrowland now has a genuine shot at ending in the top 15 movies of summer for BSG purposes. Tomorrowland will end at around 95-96M, could finish #15 for summer.

I'm pretty sure Ted will pass Tomorrowland.  

I'm pretty sure Ted will pass Tomorrowland.  

Yeah, I am thinking summer weekdays will give Universal just enough to fudge Ted over $100m. WOM is decent enough for it to happen, and there aren't any male-oriented R-rated comedies for a month. 

• Like 1

DMC is better than PEARL. Yep yep. PEARL introduces Johnny Depp insanity, sure... but it goes on too long and wears out its welcome. DMC is just as convoluted, but unlike PEARL it gets better as it goes and in additional to Captain Jack, it introduces an absolutely fantastic villain. Plus, three-way sword-fight is the best of the action in the whole trilogy.

POTC 2 is one of the worst blockbusters I have ever seen.  

• Like 3