baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

Amazing BOX OFFICE for JW... Wow if they didn't re-release Titanic, it would have sunk til 4th place after Avatar, Avengers and of course JW. But that re-release surely was well timed. I still think JW will manage to pass Titanic (and its re-release) for 2nd place.

Btw its superb for JW. I really couldn't imagine it making so much and dropping so little after the fathers day inflated last weekend. Really good. This is still beating all expectations, from my side atleast.

Pixels has IMAX? MI doesn't open until 2 weeks later.

Yes, Pixels has IMAX.

In France that was 3.5€. But this year it's 4€... 

Cinema are crazy during this promo: Terminator Genysis will have 14 seances Wednesday !

And they re-realease 50SoG/Furious 7/La Famille Bellier (French hit of the Winter)!

Here it was in May and 200000 tickets were sold in the 3 days, an absolute insane total. Age of Ultron can thank that promo because if it wasn't for it it wouldn't have passed the first movie in admissions. It wouldn't even come close to it. More than 50% of Hot Pursuit's total came from those 3 days. Fast 7 also got a giant bump (no re-release required, the movie was still in every theater over here). Age of Adaline was also big over the 4 day. Those were the main movies receiving a bump in those days. 

Edited by CJohn

I am getting really nervous for IO right now. I know its very difficult but I still hope it manages to win the weekend and that its sunday was well underestimated....

Didn't happen, $52.32M for IO.

Edited by Bishop54

Btw its superb for JW. I really couldn't imagine it making so much and dropping so little after the fathers day inflated last weekend. Really good. This is still beating all expectations, from my side atleast.

It's more surprising after the Wednesday and Thursday drops. Definitely seems to be more of a weekend movie than we realized.

Ummm nope, $52.32M.

Ah, well. Still good. Slight increase from estimates. 350m looking out of sight now unless minions really underperforms and this gets really good holds in the coming weekends. 320m more or less locked as long as it doesn't somehow collapse now. 335m is what I see it ending at, possibly crawling past 340m with good holds.

Edited by Infernus