baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

Yes. Disney actually making a financially smart decision in their movie department for once. :blink: Although TL may have made a small profit surprisingly enough.

I don't know if it's a good move. I mean any movie with this guy in it is GOOD IMHO

One of my favorite ACTORS EVER

bridges-tron.jpg

Just BOM'd Space Jam, and holy hell! No idea it actually grossed that much (160m+ adjusted)! I remember loving it as a kid but I didn't think it did that well. :lol:

Actually I thought it had made more. In fact its gross is kind of disappointing all things considered

• Like 1

I don't know if it's a good move. I mean any movie with this guy in it is GOOD IMHO

One of my favorite ACTORS EVER

bridges-tron.jpg

Any movie has a certain Absolute Minimum Coolness Quotient, based on who's starring in it, who's making it, the concept, etc etc etc.

TRON: LEGACY achieved that minimum coolness quotient and no more. It's kind of the Average Replacement Player of movies... it has a WAR of 0.

• Like 4

Actually I thought it had made more. In fact its gross is kind of disappointing all things considered

Yeah, it was a non-entity for a blockbuster. It came out, and made some money (not that much, really), and vanished. A 3.33x multiplier wasn't that good back then, especially for a family film.

• Like 2

Why, did it have a huge budget?

It cost 80m. Rather large for its time. Also considering it had Michael Jordan, the Looney Tunes and even Bill Murray for good measure I wouldn't have been surprised if WB had been expecting a 200m grossing hit. Still I heard it was huge on home video

• Like 1

Just BOM'd Space Jam, and holy hell! No idea it actually grossed that much (160m+ adjusted)! I remember loving it as a kid but I didn't think it did that well. :lol:

and must have done TWICE that on VIDEO and at BLOCKBUSTER and HOLLYWOOD VIDEO

oh! those were the days KIDS

we used to have to stand in LINE for the latest movie, beg the cashier to hide it, lol

Those were the days

BEFORE THE DARK TIMES, BEFORE THE DOWNLOADS

blockbuster-video.jpg?w=940

Edited by Mitch
  • Like 5