baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

Updated the first post guys and collated all the numbers together ... 

going to be a close call between IO and JW.  and Ted 2 is a bit lower than i expected too.... interesting.  

(Looks like Ted 2 is running 4th in Australia too behind JW, IO & Minions (though the numbers aren't known yet :P )

• Like 1

~50m will give IO a ~45% drop which is great considering it's coming off father's day ow and it over-performed too. also had strong weekdays.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

Total by 2nd Friday

185.5 M TOY STORY III

147.8 M INSIDE OUT

139.2 M MONSTERS UNIVERSITY

109.8 M FINDING NEMO

108.0 M BRAVE

106.9 M THE INCREDIBLES

106.1 M UP

103.7 M WALL-E

098.9 M CARS II

095.5 M TOY STORY II

092.5 M CARS

089.9 M RATATOUILLE

088.0 M MONSTERS, INC.

055.5 M A BUG'S LIFE

049.1 M TOY STORY

• Like 6

Fandango reports are really not helpful. They reported that Ted 2 was outselling the predecessor.

On certain dvds and blu-rays you can get Fandango movie cash for Ted 2, I wonder if that is artificially inflating the preorder numbers.

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised about the number for Ted 2, I predicted $41 M and I went too high. The original had a good multi but it's like Paul Blart, Identity Thief, We're The Millers, Horrible Bosses etc... in that it wasn't a beloved comedy and a sequel was/is unnecessary. The main problem was that the trailer gave no incentive to go and see the movie, there was nothing new and even the tagline was 'Ted is coming again'. It's clear that audiences won't just go and see any sequel for the sake of seeing the same characters do the same things as they did in the first movie. 

They did for hangover 2

it was a remake of HO1 in another country with a monkey instead of a baby.  was funnier and made more money

Total by 2nd Friday

185.5 M TOY STORY III

147.8 M INSIDE OUT

139.2 M MONSTERS UNIVERSITY

109.8 M FINDING NEMO

108.0 M BRAVE

106.9 M THE INCREDIBLES

106.1 M UP

103.7 M WALL-E

098.9 M CARS II

095.5 M TOY STORY II

092.5 M CARS