baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

22 Jump Street got 5.5 m from Thursday previews and opened to 57 m.

Why would Ted 2 come anywhere close to 57 m with only a 2.6 m Thursday Preview?

22JS has a pretty low internal weekend multi. Its not hard to believe that Ted 2 will have a better one. (Even if it does have slightly better one it doesn't necessarily mean it will reach that number though) if OD isn't that good

FX is playing the shit out of Max trailers

Apparently the trailers are very misleading in tone. The film's actually basically an action film with a dog. Not surprising given who the writers and director are.  

I would love to know how some of you come up with weekend predictions based on Previews. I have yet to figure it out. :rolleyes:

I didnt use to believe in it too. But IO's OW changed my opinion. A number of users were talking about how big its OD could be depending on its previews numbers by comparing it to similar movies like MU, and the comparisons, and the predictions based on it, worked! So I guess you just need to compare the previews with that of a similar film and can base your predictions off that.

Edited by Infernus

I know, right! It's so annoying, haha

Guys, this isn't the practice thread. If you need one, find Tele's Interstellar under Batman Begins.

• Like 1