CJohn

Terminator: Genisys (2015)

Terminator Genisys  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Grade It

So with Skynet beaten I'm assuming this is the end of the franchise? Until the inevitable reboot/remake that is. 

Edit: Strike that, just read that it's the first of a trilogy. I really don't know where they're supposed to take the story from here. I always thought there was going to be an epic war between humans and machine but skynets' eventual demise was pretty lame. 

Edited by Rsyu

So with Skynet beaten I'm assuming this is the end of the franchise? Until the inevitable reboot/remake that is. 

Edit: Strike that, just read that it's the first of a trilogy. I really don't know where they're supposed to take the story from here. I always thought there was going to be an epic war between humans and machine but skynets' eventual demise was pretty lame. 

So, you didn't see the mid credits scene? it's the most shameless cash grab thing possible.

SPOILERR

Skynet survives the explosion, we see the hologram again looking at some kind of red ball/whatever. 

Edited by Goffe

I did like Arnie's upgrade.  It was telegraphed earlier when he said it needed a control chip to hold it's form.

Now he can take any form.

rock-bot-300x150.png

Edited by DeeCee

So, you didn't see the mid credits scene? it's the most shameless cash grab thing possible.

SPOILERR

Skynet survives the explosion, we see the hologram again looking at some kind of red ball/whatever. 

Wow really? can't believe I missed that  :wacko:

The timeline is so convoluted now I wouldn't be surprised if the sequel to Genisys is Sarah and Kyle travelling to the future to the point just before skynet corrupts John Conner and stop him from being turned. 

I'm not sure why didn't do cool graphics credits first, then the mid credit a scene, then roll the rest over black. I mean they even fucked up the credits hahah

Also Jai needs to shut up, what is up with movies now days always started with fucking terrible lazy ass voice overs. Honestly they could take out the whole opening speech and the visuals would have told the story way better. But that taks a director with it of confidance and balls.

Overall it wasn't quite the disaster I thought it would be, but still bad.

C (74)

• Like 4

Loving the tone of 3/4 of the reviews, like 

"I entered the theater expecting to get cancer, but thankfully, the movie was just Bantha poo."

This movie put " the low expectations" thing to new levels.

:wacko:

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 5

I am really surprised at how much i liked it. Hated the trailers, after a tough day at work just wanted to do something away from everybody. That is what i call a good time at the cinema. I hate Jai Courtney and even he.... of all people wasn't that bad. What was interesting to me was that Arnie wasn't overused.

I refuse to think about the timeline and the probably the giant holes in  the plot.

As a final grade....... let's go with a 6/10

• Like 1

It seems that we won't be seeing any more Terminator movies (if it depended on DOM audience at least), so the ending was ... nice. Because i saw somewhere that  they were planning a trilogy  i was looking for the "something shitty is gonna happen in about a second". And... the credits stared , i thought to myself OK, that was a bit too.... happy of an ending. 

If there truly is a mid credits scene and it is what you say, that is just a giant horse cr*ap. 

If you are rebooting than find a new villian, enough with Skynet.

There were some things that had good ideas with this but I just didn't care. I felt confused as if they were trying to a shot for shot remake or something like that and it felt just strange. The whole premise about an app that leads to judgement day was alright I guess it's trying to explain we are so attached to our iPhones and stuff that it may corrupt us. But my other issues were that the action was eh and poorly executed, the relationship between Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor is I don't know I couldn't believe it. The guy that played John Connor was an asshole, the odd mash up of confusion ruined it, an alright premise, baby faced teenager Sarah Connor, the aging termianor, Jai Courtney acted like a bitch,and them having instant knowledge of everything and J.K. Simmons saying that Sarah Connor saved his life without no explanation. On a positive note at least there were action scenes and things happening unlike Salvation but this still sucks. I also hope that they release an R rated or extended version to bluray because I would like to see what was cut out. Anyway grade:D

The movie explains every piece of crap people were complaining about here, like Jai having two memories of different pasts, the existence of Skynet in the human form and other stuff. The problems of the movie are far worse than that shit people are making up. The first big problem is called Alan Taylor, a shit puppet director with no vision whatsoever and that has no idea how to direct an action scene. The Arnold vs Arnold fight was a giant disappointment. The 2nd problem is Jai Courtney, the man has no charisma, he is not leading man material. Arnold, Emilia Clarke and Jason Clarke were all good in their roles. 

• Like 2

Okay.  Let's try and figure this out.

We don't know who sent the two terminators back to the 70's, but the bigger question is why would they?

Because at this point, doesn't Skynet need John Connor?  Why kill him if they need him?

There is zero reason to do that except to try and do weird shit.

I thought there was going to be a reveal that Skynet sent Pops back in time to save Sarah so she could pop out John who gets infected and sent back to shepherd Skynet into the world. But that doesn't explain who sent the T-1000 (which I assumed to be the under-used Byung-hun Lee).

Maybe the different Skynets in the multiverse are sabotaging one another in a bizarre version of Highlander.

• Like 2

Terminator 2 is my favorite movie of all time. And screw it, I enjoyed genisys. It's got plot holes and some poor acting, but I walked out entertained. Liked it more than 3 and salvation easily. Not near the level I hold the first 2, but I enjoyed it and am not mad that I spent my money on it. Heck, I may see it again. Decided in the last couple years to not be so nitpicky about things, if I magnified everything wrong with anything, there isn't much I'd like in this world haha.

Edited by washderice
  • Like 1