Alpha

Wednesday Numbers | Official Estimates: Magic Mike XXL - 9.3M; Terminator: Genisys - 8.9M

well it might..

7.9 (wed.)

7.2 (thur.)

11 (+52% fri.)

7.6 (-31% sat.)

8.8 (+16% sun.)

3 days: 27.5 weekend

But it's increasing on Thursday. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2009-07-02&p=.htm Only the openers dropped last time the 4th on Sat, so I don't see any way IO will miss $30M. It's probably the only lock this weekend.

• Like 1

But it's increasing on Thursday. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2009-07-02&p=.htm Only the openers dropped last time the 4th on Sat, so I don't see any way IO will miss $30M. It's probably the only lock this weekend.

ah this is good news, that slipped from me;) so 30m is in play for JW and IO.. good

Because it's older fan base aren't going to see it on a Tuesday or Wednesday night. Most people are still working today. Friday is going to be TG biggest day this weekend. My local theater was dead this afternoon for every movie besides Inside Out.

But when you aim for the PG-13 rating with the purpose of bringing in a new younger generation of fans only to fail at bringing them in at acceptable levels, you've got problems.

On top of that, the older crowd is more likely to be weary of being burned by subpar installments to one of their favorite franchises growing up.

Edited by Jay Beezy

Dear god was it got outside! But seriously, mark my words, Minions is going to be HUGE!

Meh for both movies. Kind of what I was expecting for Terminator but I thought MM would do a lot better. Oh well.

Of it acts like Dark of the Moon it'll get to 43M for the 5-day

You can't use different years though.  You have to take a sample from 2009.

When you think it's not over, it's not over, it's not over.

Time for me to get the papers get the papers.

• Like 2

You can't use different years though. You have to take a sample from 2009.

Oh... Yeah because of the day holiday falls in.

RotF gets it to 32M (it should probably do a little better than that I think but probably not much) :wacko:

The first opened to twice as much. Granted that was a Friday not a Wednesday, but I still expected a solid 15m OD for it today. Unless it is going to not drop off after OD like the first did.

A disappointment yes but bad or flop it is not. Now if the budget was 50 mil I would be singing your tune.

Edited by Dragon