Alpha

Wednesday Numbers | Official Estimates: Magic Mike XXL - 9.3M; Terminator: Genisys - 8.9M

Is it weird that I pronounce the new Terminator movie "Jen-NAI-sis"? I've been calling it that and reading it like that since the first trailer lolol

No weirder than me pronouncing it Stypid.

A lot of people I know have an "I will check it out this weekend" attitude. I think this is in decent shape as long as it surpasses $50m for the five day.

Exactly there's tons of die hard Arnold fans and Terminator fans who are waiting to the weekend to see this. Heck I'm going to see it again with a bunch of friends. But of course were waiting until Friday, when nobody is busy with work to go. I could very well be wrong, but I think sales will increase this weekend. Even Movietickets.com sales are increasing by the day after being nonexistent on Tuesday morning. While Fandango sales also suggest a good increase this weekend. But only time will tell...

Edited by gb0708

I think by the time we get updates close to midnight PST, MM2 would go up a bit while TG will go down. Both are mega disappointments though MM2 budget is tiny.

And here I was expecting Magic Mike to go down.

lolololol Terminator Genysis. I feel a little bad for Arnie, who's such a nice guy, but this deserved to bomb from the start.

A nice guy? He had a kid with his maid while he was married to Maria!

A nice guy? He had a kid with his maid while he was married to Maria!

Well, he's nice, unless you're like...

Married to him.

Fortunately, unless my memory is failing me, I'm not married to Arnold.

• Like 2

Yes. That is very weird. But fuck that movie for spelling it like that.

I just remember reading it as GenIsys so well, uh, there it is

Also, who would've though baumer would like a Pixar movie more than an Arnie Terminator movie?  :wub:

I just remember reading it as GenIsys so well, uh, there it is

Also, who would've though baumer would like a Pixar movie more than an Arnie Terminator movie?  :wub:

Pretty much everyone who saw this movies trailer?

• Like 1

Great numbers for MM,

Terrible numbers for TG

A lot of you are assuming that MM is more front loaded than TG, I not so sure of that.

MM fans are not teenage girls going to see the movie the first day. They are more mature women 25 and older who can wait until the weekend or even next weekend to see the movie.

Yes, the first one was front loaded, but that's because of the novelty of the movie. Now that the novelty is gone, the fans don't feel the need to go the first day.

Also for both MM and TG, the first day is Wednesday, and Thursday is a normal working day.

But with the cost of both movie, MM did great for a mid-week release.

Edited by ClaudeManhattan
  • Like 1