Alpha

Wednesday Numbers | Official Estimates: Magic Mike XXL - 9.3M; Terminator: Genisys - 8.9M

Wed

MM2 9.8,TG 9,IO 7.5,JP4 6.3,Ted2 3

without Tues MM2 same IO, TG just above JP4 (Which is what TG wed OD was in AUS Slightly up on JP4 Wed)

That's... Umm...

Yeah I don't think TG is going to reach $100M...

IO/JW are just doing out of this world business. IO is down less than 20% from last Wednesday, JW less than 35%.

Terminator's a bomb. No way around it. Mike is probably a disappointment but still a moneymaker in theaters.

• Like 2

In July 1991, Terminator 2 opened on a Wednesday and had $2.4M in previews the day before and earned $9.2M on Wednesday business.

Now, 24 years later, with 3D and IMAX, TG fails to match the preview number of T2. And assuming Rth's number holds, TG's OD including previews is even less than T2's excluding previews.

That's historic levels of bad there. This is sad to watch.

Edited by superduperm

Wed

MM2 9.8,TG 9,IO 7.5,JP4 6.3,Ted2 3

without Tues MM2 same IO, TG just above JP4 (Which is what TG wed OD was in AUS Slightly up on JP4 Wed)

Really terrible for terminator. And also quite bad for magic mike; pretty much the same erosion as sex and the city 2, so I can certainly see it missing $70M.

Well, Genisys looked shit since day 1. The last two movies failed at the box office. Seriously there were people who thought this would do well? Arnie isnt relevant since last century and we have Jay Courtnei playing Kyle Reese. This was a flop since pre-production.

In July 1991, Terminator 2 opened on a Wednesday and had $2.4M in previews the day before and earned $9.2M on Wednesday business.

Now, 24 years later, with 3D and IMAX, TG fails to match the preview number of T2. And assuming Rth's number holds, TG's OD including previews is even less than T2's excluding previews.

That's historic levels of bad there. This is sad to watch.

Roughly:

T2 w/preview: 2.77 million tickets

T3 w/preview: 2.73 million tickets

TS w/midnight: 1.8 million tickets

TG w/preview: 1.1 million tickets 

• Like 1

gbo708  right now

tumblr_inline_npz2jp84vZ1seo1wn_500.gif

LOL it was the numbers I expected after the early report came out. Along with hearing some of the low crowd reports from some people who seen it tonight. I still think it increases over the next two days by a good amount and has a chance to reach 50 million still. But I could just be a idiot who's to hopeful...

Edited by gb0708

Fun fact: If TG misses $100 million (and I'm probably being generous), it would have sold less tickets than the first Terminator did.

Let that sink in for a second.

that number is lower than The Lone Ranger's opening day. What is worse is that The Lone Ranger didn't have 3D. What's also worse is the Lone Ranger's Thursday was the 4th which means it increased while TG is guaranteed a decrease tomorrow. 

LOL it was the numbers I expected after the early report came out. Along with hearing some of the low crowd reports from some people who seen it tonight. I still think it increases over the next two days by a good amount and has a chance to reach 50 million still. But I could just be a idiot who's to hopeful...

TG did 6.7m wednesday and will drop to 5m tomorrow. No way its hitting 50m. Lucky to hit 35m now.

that number is lower than The Lone Ranger's opening day. What is worse is that The Lone Ranger didn't have 3D. What's also worse is the Lone Ranger's Thursday was the 4th which means it increased while TG is guaranteed a decrease tomorrow. 

It will decrease it's 9 million number. But I feel it will increase on actual Wednesday number and do over 7-8 million. The key will be how big of a increase it get's Friday. If the increase goes up to 13 million Friday, It has a solid shot at 50 million five day still.