Alpha

Wednesday Numbers | Official Estimates: Magic Mike XXL - 9.3M; Terminator: Genisys - 8.9M

Found this link on HSX.

http://adage.com/article/media/popcorn-flic/299309/

Apparently, Warners spend as much TV ad money on Entourage as they did on Mad Max and San Andreas. I am not sure if I buy all the numbers (Dog drama Max cost as much money as Avengers. Come on) , but it is an interesting insight into TV ad buys.

Haha if people believe that, they'll believe anything.

TG is the perfect response to those who said nostalgia was the only thing that made JW so big.

It takes so much more than just that. TG has nothing but nostalgia going for it, and now we see the results.

JW did bank on nostalgia, but also kept it fresh by introducing a completely new cast of characters while taking the franchise to its next logical step. It was accessible to both fans and newcomers.

TG screwed around with everything, not only banking poorly on the nostalgia aspect but whatever new ideas it brought made the whole affair a confusing mess for both fans and people who haven't seen the originals.

Hence why one is breaking records while the other is tanking.

Edited by C00k13

Also Terminator has already had a poor attempt at a reboot in the last decade, unlike JP, that last had a failed sequel two years PRIOR to the disliked-as-well T3.

Not enough time had passed, and not enough goodwill was brought to the idea to entice people.

Edited by goldenstate5

JW did bank on nostalgia, but also kept it fresh by introducing a completely new cast of characters while taking the franchise to it's next logical step. It was accesible to both fans and newcomers.

TG screwed around with everything, not only banking poorly on the nostalgia aspect but whatever new ideas it brought made the whole affair a confusing mess for both fans and people who haven't seen the originals.

Hence why one is breaking records and the other is tanking.

with all the trash in the world right now, conflicts and all, people, pehraps, don't want to watch a movie about a third world war, loss of practically all humanity and grim fight againt machines.

they prefer paradisiac islands with dinosaur rampage or cool animated movies

JW did bank on nostalgia, but also kept it fresh by introducing a completely new cast of characters while taking the franchise to its next logical step. It was accesible to both fans and newcomers.

Hence why one is breaking records while the other is tanking.

This thought they could bank on a new cast as well. Problem is they just didn't pick the right new cast.

Arnold is to the Terminator what the dinosaurs are to Jurassic. Which means they should have looked harder for the right cast for the other parts in TG.

Edited by Jay Beezy

with all the trash in the world right now, conflicts and all, people, pehraps, don't want to watch a movie about a third world war, loss of practically all humanity and grim fight againt machines.

they prefer paradisiac islands with dinosaur rampage or cool animated movies

Umm... Doesn't almost every superhero movie have a plot related to the world ending in some way? Why would that work only against terminator but not the other dozen superhero and disaster flicks which try to destroy the world?
  • Like 1

This thought they could bank on a new cast as well. Problem is they just didn't pick the right new cast.

Arnold is to the Terminator what the dinosaurs are to Jurassic. Which means they should have looked harder for the right cast for the other parts in TG.

They could have gotten away with the cast changes (for a while at least) if the new ideas that came with them weren't so poorly set up. They spoiled a major twist in the trailers and then did nothing to elaborate on how it makes any sense. If you're going to ruin a major surprise, at least make the audience understand what the hell they're looking at.

(I'm going off the marketing material here, don't know if the movie makes more sense of this)

Because of you pussys and stupid critics, there will be no sequel again for great terminator movie. First you destroy Salvation seguel and you get Wrath of the titans ang G.I fucking Joe insted  ! Because off you this is the last time Arnold will be in a Terminator movie. Fuck you all !

I am done with watching movies ! Ben me if you like a dont care !

Because of you pussys and stupid critics, there will be no sequel again for great terminator movie. First you destroy Salvation seguel and you get Wrath of the titans ang G.I fucking Joe insted ! Because off you this is the last time Arnold will be in a Terminator movie. Fuck you all !

Well, maybe they shouldn't have sold out to PG-13, TWICE! You would have thought the makers of this would have learned their lesson after similar backlash Salvation received, but no. Also the backlash against Robocop and Expendables 3, leading to both of those failing, those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

Maybe direct your anger at who ever had the idea to make it PG13.

Edited by Boxofficerules

Yep, MMXL can recover from this opening day. Things are more dire for TG. It is a 30 year old franchise and is a PG-13 action movie that should've appealed to High School kids who are out of school in July.

Without previews, MM made 7.4 and TG made 6.7. Yup, don't see how this can be spun.

Because of you pussys and stupid critics, there will be no sequel again for great terminator movie. First you destroy Salvation seguel and you get Wrath of the titans ang G.I fucking Joe insted  ! Because off you this is the last time Arnold will be in a Terminator movie. Fuck you all !

funny-crying-o.gif
  • Like 4

Because of you pussys and stupid critics, there will be no sequel again for great terminator movie. First you destroy Salvation seguel and you get Wrath of the titans ang G.I fucking Joe insted ! Because off you this is the last time Arnold will be in a Terminator movie. Fuck you all !

lmaooooooooo

• Like 3

Remember when 4th of July was a time when studios would launch with hot titles people were actually excited to see? Those were the days.

ID4 :)

pretty sure, ID Resurgence will be lauched a fourth of july WE no?

What-You-just-onkaip.jpg

• Like 1

They could have gotten away with the cast changes (for a while at least) if the new ideas that came with them weren't so poorly set up. They spoiled a major twist in the trailers and then did nothing to elaborate on how it makes any sense. If you're going to ruin a major surprise, at least make the audience understand what the hell they're looking at.

(I'm going off the marketing material here, don't know if the movie makes more sense of this)

Based on what's being said, they would be ditching Courtney immediately and Clarke after the supposed next one, which is looking less likely to happen.

ID4 :)

pretty sure, ID Resurgence will be lauched a fourth of july WE no?

Independence Day 2 opens June 24, or the week before, next year.

Next year's 4th of July slate at the moment consists of Spielberg's The BFG, The Purge 3, and WB's live-action Tarzan. So, yeah.

Based on what's being said, they would be ditching Courtney immediately and Clarke after the supposed next one, which is looking less likely to happen.

Too late.

Shouldn've ditched them pre-emptively and hired better actors, along with a better script writer, better marketing team, better everything.

It's funny that Alan Taylor is using this opportunity to shit on Marvel. Look at your career, look at your choices.

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 1