kayumanggi

MILE 22 | STX | Aug 3 2018 | Peter Berg in talks to direct | Mark Wahlberg to star

The bigger thing is I think STX is running out of money and has a chance of either going under or being acquired if they don't get more cash in the door.  Their CinemaCon lineup was reduced greatly from the last couple years and they didn't have much to show.  

Adrift is likely going to lose them money.  Mile 22 was expensive and needs overseas to make money.  

Happytime Murders has potential, but could end up being a huge miss.  They barely have anything dated after November of this year other than a unmade action film in January and the Ugly Dolls movie in May that they have been working on for years with nothing to show.  A bunch of stuff they announced a few years ago isn't even mentioned anymore.  

If they don't get a couple hits soon, it wouldn't shock me if STX is a much reduced player next year or out of business.  

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

The bigger thing is I think STX is running out of money and has a chance of either going under or being acquired if they don't get more cash in the door.  Their CinemaCon lineup was reduced greatly from the last couple years and they didn't have much to show.  

Adrift is likely going to lose them money.  Mile 22 was expensive and needs overseas to make money.  

Happytime Murders has potential, but could end up being a huge miss.  They barely have anything dated after November of this year other than a unmade action film in January and the Ugly Dolls movie in May that they have been working on for years with nothing to show.  A bunch of stuff they announced a few years ago isn't even mentioned anymore.  

If they don't get a couple hits soon, it wouldn't shock me if STX is a much reduced player next year or out of business.  

How is Adrift tracking? I was thinking it could do Me Before You numbers, but that doesn't seem likely anymore.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2018 at 12:39 AM, BK007 said:

Not sure why people are so down on this, as it looks better than a lot of the other generic action movies released this year.

It's mostly just empire. That's one of the things about being in the position that he's in is that he gets to see films ahead of time and I would assume most of the time that he sees them they are unfinished and not necessarily ready for public eyes. I personally have this is one of my most anticipated for the summer. It looks way better than a generic action movie in my opinion.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2018 at 5:40 PM, EmpireCity said:

I hope STX can stay in the game... I enjoy having many different distributors in the fold...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Wouldn’t surprise me either if STX dont survive.

Love some of their films though, Bad Moms, I Feel Pretty, The Gift. 

Their doing better than Filmdistrict or Open Road. 

STX has had 6 hits, filmdistrict had 3, and

open road had 3 

7 hours ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Their doing better than Filmdistrict or Open Road. 

STX has had 6 hits, filmdistrict had 3, and

open road had 3 

Not only did Open Road have three hits, they had a best picture winner... what they've been doing as of late is disappointing to me based on that.

15 minutes ago, Slambros said:

Not only did Open Road have three hits, they had a best picture winner... what they've been doing as of late is disappointing to me based on that.

Wait they had.. 5 hits. Spotlight and Nightcrawler were sucessful. But yes they have a best picture winner in their hands. 

STX(with the expecption of Free State Of Jones, and Valerian) had modest budget hits with comedies, some action, and horror films