Mojoguy

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals: IO 29.77, JW 29.24, TG 27.02, | IO Wins Weekend!

Honestly, I enjoyed Magic Mike XXL way better than Jurassic World

giphy.gif

Haven't seen mm yet but Jurassic world was fun but I felt like something was missing. I gave it 7.5/10. There was some scene that left you like really. The original was better and even the CGI. The dinosaurs looked too CGI. Still was fun watch

I am in bed. I am still on exams season and I have one on Tuesday and I know I am gonna flop real hard mainly because I was getting ready for one on Weds. I found out hours ago I don't need to do the Weds one after all, so yeah.

heh.good luck with that xD me sleeps now! See you tomorrow guys hope with some sunday numbers Edited by Mike Wazowski
  • Like 1

How is IO AND JW doing today? Any early preliminary numbers?

9 for IO and JW based on their respective performances today. I see IO winning the weekend now. 

Terminator isn't far behind either (probably 8.5). 

The GREAT news is that Magic Mike is up 70% from Saturday grosses. CUE PONY

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 2

9 for IO and JW based on their respective performances today. I see IO winning the weekend now. 

Terminator isn't far behind either (probably 8.5). 

The GREAT news is that Magic Mike is up 70% from Saturday grosses. CUE PONY

So both IO and JW might actually go down in actuals? Well that's a first.

• Like 1

Magic Mike 12.5 million - that's awesome

Terminator - falls flat (even though I liked it) IT HAS BEEN TERMINATED

JW (ROARS again)

and IO is a HIT

Edited by Mitch

Rubbish weekend at the box office for the most part. Seemingly the calm before the Minions storm. Curious to see how big that thing is going to be. The trailer has been getting crazy strong reaction from what I've seen in theaters.

In fairness comedies generally get awesome reactions in theaters. Many here were talking about how people went crazy over the Ted 2 trailers in front of JW. 

I can't make up my mind about Minions. I think 90m is the floor for its opening, but some have said 150m and I just don't know who that audience can be. The first two movies had some appeal to adults and this one seems like strictly a kids-dragging-their-parents affair. Maybe I'm at a point where the marketing campaign feels like noise to me. 

• Like 1

It's not no.1 in America and some other markets so no it's not the number one movie in the world, unless that was sarcasm.

It's number 1 in the world, because it made more money then any other movie did this weekend worldwide. It doesn't have to be actually number 1 in every market to do that. Not that it matters, I'm just kidding around about it. Even though it is true lol.

Edited by gb0708
  • Like 1

I didn't even realize Gitesh did write ups. At least he doesn't try to make his article titles filled with puns.  :lol:

His archives go back to summer 1997 and he was around before BOM. Speaking of, look back the earliest Mojo columns. Seem familiar? Maybe Keith started his research on writing columns from the first days of the site.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica

Magic Mike 12.5 million - that's awesome...

...how is that awesome, were you in the movie or something?? It's meh at best and underachieving quite a bit. Regardless of budget, it's doing poorly box office wise.

• Like 1

...how is that awesome, were you in the movie or something?? It's meh at best and underachieving quite a bit. Regardless of budget, it's doing poorly box office wise.

I just enjoy movies and the box office man. relax

anigif_enhanced-3175-1422725208-6.gif