grim22

Weekend Actuals 7/3-7/5: Inside Out 29.77M, JW 29.24M, Genisys 27.02M. Greek Wedding's record survives

INSIDE OUT took in $29.77M this weekend. Domestic total stands at $245.89M. #InsideOut

JURASSIC WORLD took in $29.24M this weekend. Domestic total stands at $556.54M. #JurassicWorld

TERMINATOR GENISYS took in $27.02M this weekend. 5-Day domestic total stands at $42.47M. #TerminatorGenisys

• Like 4

Nice for IO.It deserved at least one week at #1.

It will be curious to see how much it drops next weekend. If it can manage to drop less than 45%, then finding nemo would be within reach.

• Like 1

Nice for IO.It deserved at least one week at #1.

It will be curious to see how much it drops next weekend. If it can manage to drop less than 45%, then finding nemo would be within reach.

I don't see why it can't. Its Saturday/Sunday are so reduced that it could stay flat between Thursday/Friday and still drop something like -25% from last Saturday. 

Hey, at least JW isn't #1 this weekend again.

Its reign of terror is over.  :)

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 3

Lose one record, get another. Pixar reclaims the right to say every movie they've ever released has been #1 at some point. I'd rather MBFGW keep that record anyway, it had one of the weirdest BO runs of all time.

• Like 9

I am curious to see how it goes with Minions. Someone posted that they might co-exist: Minions appealing to the little kid demo and Inside Out appealing to the pre-teen/early teen demo.

I imagine Minions will probably appeal more to kids, but the theater I saw the film with (adults and some kids), had everyone laughing, so I could see the audience being split, though with kids more-so then Inside Out. 

Lose one record, get another. Pixar reclaims the right to say every movie they've ever released has been #1 at some point. I'd rather MBFGW keep that record anyway, it had one of the weirdest BO runs of all time.

Indeed, it was one weird run. $241m with its highest weekend at $11.1m in weekend #20. Can't help but laugh when I think about $90m openers like Godzilla that came up pretty far short of Greek's $241m total.

• Like 2

I am so done with this shit ass American country, couldn't even give my dino babies the first place again for the fourth time. Instead it gave it to a bunch of stupid feelings. 

a5K72wy_460s.jpg

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 5