CJohn

Solo: A Star Wars Story | May 25, 2018 | Bombs in spectacular fashion

10 hours ago, Chad Stevens said:

The whole film looks like a mess. Looks like even Ron Howard can't fix a turd. 

I'm hoping its better on screen but.....

Seriously, calling THIS turd - after Episode 8, the turdiest turd ever??

The nerve of some dudes...

PS: Hm, I read on and saw you admit Ep. 8 is not a good movie. Good for you then.

Don't worry, Solo will be fine.

Edited by shayhiri

Maybe this was just an outlier, but John Campea said that out of all the trailers at the Black Panther showing he went to, Solo got the best reaction.

21 hours ago, Porthos said:

How witty.

===

I've typed, erased, re-typed, and re-erased a bunch of different responses to your post here.  From memes to mocking the quality of the troll to sighing to a bunch of other different things.

Instead I'm just going to try to be direct here.

You really aren't looking forward to this movie. I get that.  I know you've given some of your reasons and I respect them, if not agree with them.  Could you just... I dunno.  Not thread crap in here over the movie all the gosh darn time? 

No one says you have to fake enthusiasm.  Say what you're not liking the film and why.  But it's snide little comments like that which just makes this an un-fun thread to visit at times.

I know you're not making comments as much as you were.  But does that one really contribute anything here?  Besides showing your disdain about it all?

I genuinely like reading many of your posts.  But when you get a bee in your bonnet about something it just gets... tiring to wade through it.

It's... Just... I'm raising my hands here in a bit of exasperation here, mostly.  I don't want you to stop posting in this thread.  Hell, you provide some pretty insightful commentary at times that makes me think.

I just wish you weren't mocking the idea of the movie so much here.  It just isn't fun to read as a person who genuinely is looking forward to this film.

Anyway, sorry about the semi-rant.  But I just had to get this off my chest.

Relax man, you're spending way too much energy on this. Though I appreciate the kind words amidst all the frustration. :) You'll notice I ended my Alden sucks rants a couple days after the trailer dropped. That post was merely a response to all the anecdotes posted above me that were saying how bad the trailer reception was from audiences at their BP screenings. And some of it was the partial title of the club I've been mauling over starting recently...

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, shayhiri said:

Seriously, calling THIS turd - after Episode 8, the turdiest turd ever??

The nerve of some dudes...

PS: Hm, I read on and saw you admit Ep. 8 is not a good movie. Good for you then.

Don't worry, Solo will be fine.

It wasn't bad, don't get me wrong.... The part that kills it is the middle with Rose and Finn. That whole story part was worthless as they fail. They didn't even elude to them at least knocking down the generator tracking system.

They could've had them knock it down for a few seconds, then at some moment, have the bad guys show up capture them and then have the black evil BB8 robot turn his evil robotic head while looking at Rose and Finn as he gets it back online. This would have been better IMHO. But I'm not a director.... lol

My whole point would be that the adventure wouldn't have been for not, at least at the moment.

Edited by Chad Stevens

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Relax man, you're spending way too much energy on this. Though I appreciate the kind words amidst all the frustration. :) You'll notice I ended my Alden sucks rants a couple days after the trailer dropped. That post was merely a response to all the anecdotes posted above me that were saying how bad the trailer reception was from audiences at their BP screenings. And some of it was the partial title of the club I've been mauling over starting recently...

I actually have heard that people at the BP audiences were yelling. "That's not Han Solo" or that "looks like crap", or "who the F is that guy?", "I thought he was dead?", etc.... to name a few. No, it was not received well by this Disney audience.

Edited by Chad Stevens

3 hours ago, Chad Stevens said:

I actually have heard that people at the BP audiences were yelling. "That's not Han Solo" or that "looks like crap", or "who the F is that guy?", "I thought he was dead?", etc.... to name a few. No, it was not received well by this Disney audience.

Lol.  People will make up any lie for attention.  

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Chad Stevens said:

I hope those people got slapped for being rude in a movie theater afterwards.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

14 hours ago, arlo said:

Maybe this was just an outlier, but John Campea said that out of all the trailers at the Black Panther showing he went to, Solo got the best reaction.

My theater barely reacted to it. They were more entertained by the Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer (they laughed at the building suitcase bit and the Pez dispenser bit), as well as the Mission: Impossible - Fallout trailer (I heard a fair number of gasps at the stunts).

Here's the thing, could some people be projecting their own reaction onto everyone else in the audience if there's no distinct audible reaction?

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Chad Stevens said:

Where’d you hear that?

I usually find it that the only time somebody in the audience reacts loudly to a trailer, it’s just a douche seeking attention.  I’ve found it pretty rare that I’m able to tell the difference between audience reactions.

• Thanks 1

Just now, The Mad Panda said:

Where’d you hear that?

I usually find it that the only time somebody in the audience reacts loudly to a trailer, it’s just a douche seeking attention.  I’ve found it pretty rare that I’m able to tell the difference between audience reactions.

The audiences I tend to get at movies give no reaction if it's something they don't like or care for.

Just now, Jay Beezy said:

The audiences I tend to get at movies give no reaction if it's something they don't like or care for.

I think it’s hard to read audiences in a theater, and translate it to something tangible.  It’s easy to misinterpret silence, laughter or any reaction really.

I heard that audiences at a BP screening were shouting: "Why were Lord and Miller fired? And did Alden Ehrenreich really need acting lessons?!"

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

7 hours ago, Chad Stevens said:

I had people cheering at my audience. Maybe you should get your ears checked out. 

5 hours ago, The Mad Panda said:

Where’d you hear that?

Yes, it actually started with one guy and then blossomed into more....   San Diego AMC Mission Valley

9 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Lol.  People will make up any lie for attention.  

Ikr? Remember that guy trying to belittle people who had issues with TLJ as trolls and lying to everyone that the WOM and multi would be amazing? Who was that again? 

• Haha 2

I remember someone coughing after the Mission Impossible trailer. What does that mean for that movies box office?

• Sad 1

Just now, John Marston said:

I remember someone coughing after the Mission Impossible trailer. What does that mean for that movies box office?

Confirms that the GA is sick of Tom Cruise.

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Ikr? Remember that guy trying to belittle people who had issues with TLJ as trolls and lying to everyone that the WOM and multi would be amazing? Who was that again? 

Not me if that is what you are implying, but if you have a problem you want to discuss instead of making up complete lies because you are chicken shit, you are welcome to PM me and we can handle this very easily and not clutter up the board.  

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

9 minutes ago, Chad Stevens said:

Something to cheer you all up..

DWLxLZiVoAEKKnU.jpg

Ew

• Like 2