CJohn

Solo: A Star Wars Story | May 25, 2018 | Bombs in spectacular fashion

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

TLJ has been out for two months now.

I think the mods really overdue it on spoiler prevention....

it should be renamed the  'Spoiler Moderation Policy that only is enforced for Star Wars films' instead lol 

Edited by Lordmandeep

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Better safe than sorry has been BOT policy. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Many movies release later outside of the USA.... sometimes months later.  The current policy was proposed and everyone had the ability to comment on it.  It had overwhelming support.

1) Review Forum/Specific spoiler thread - always allowed

2) Numbers thread - not allowed for 1st 4 weeks even tagged

3) Main movie thread - tagged for 1st 4 weeks (if no spoiler thread) then allowed  

4) Everywhere else - Must be tagged until streaming/dvd is available

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/guidelines/

• Like 6

Just now, The Last AndyLL said:

Many movies release later outside of the USA.... sometimes months later.  The current policy was proposed and everyone had the ability to comment on it.  It had overwhelming support.

3) Main movie thread - tagged for 1st 4 weeks (if no spoiler thread) then allowed  

Did we?

6 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

it should be renamed the  'Spoiler Moderation Policy that only is enforced for Star Wars films' instead lol 

That is not true and I'm getting tired of you accusing us of it.  The last time you said that I sent you a list of people that had be thread banned for minor spoilers just the previous day which included a mod that self thread banned himself.

You also accused me of picking on you for SW spoilers.  You by far are the worst offender in your zeal to trash TLJ in every thread you can.  More often then not I just hide/tag your spoilers like I did today.

It gets old that you keep posting spoilers and then turn around and attack the staff when you are called on it.  Consider yourself warned about this behavior.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, The Last AndyLL said:

As I said before the only time this role is enforced this far out is for Star Wars films. 

6 minutes ago, The Last AndyLL said:

That is not true and I'm getting tired of you accusing us of it.  The last time you said that I sent you a list of people that had be thread banned for minor spoilers just the previous day which included a mod that self thread banned himself.

You also accused me of picking on you for SW spoilers.  You by far are the worst offender in your zeal to trash TLJ in every thread you can.  More often then not I just hide/tag your spoilers like I did today.

It gets old that you keep posting spoilers and then turn around and attack the staff when you are called on it.  Consider yourself warned about this behavior.

Lol 2.5 months after release lol

Thor 3 dvd released date is March 6th but we talk about the film openly with no issues lol . 

I am not calling the policy stupid, I am just saying its not applied evenly to all films. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

14 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Did we?

People comment on every policy decision we make. We are always listening to feedback. 

13 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

As I said before the only time this role is enforced this far out is for Star Wars films. 

Lol 2.5 months after release lol

Thor 3 dvd released date is March 6th but we talk about the film openly with no issues lol . 

I am not calling the policy stupid, I am just saying its not applied evenly to all films. 

It's applied evenly when the staff catches it. Sometimes we miss posts. If you see a post that violates the policy that we missed, please report it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

It's applied evenly when the staff catches it. Sometimes we miss posts. If you see a post that violates the policy that we missed, please report it.

There is a lot more I can say but I learned from the past, we shall leave it at that :) 

http://collider.com/solo-a-star-wars-story-timeline-movie-talk/

Movie Talk: Del Rey Books Reveals When ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Takes Place

Del Rey released a timeline of their upcoming Star Wars titles. The timeline indicates that the events of Solo: A Star Wars Story occur before both Star Wars Rebels and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

Any particular reason why Japan is getting Solo so late in the day?

Just now, Porthos said:

Isn't Japan almost always late?

Just now, cookie said:

Not for SW films lately.

Just now, Porthos said:

Not for SW films lately.

Could be local competition, don't know how the schedule looks.

• Like 1

I'm mostly wondering if it is a function of calendar placement and/or competition.  But if anyone had concrete info, it'd be appreciated. :)

*checks IW's Japan release date*

*sees blaring headlines about IW moving release date world wide*

Huh.

That's... interesting.

Most interesting.

Edited by Porthos

I know this is being discussed to death in the IW thread, but I gots to think this helps both Deadpool 2 and Solo, no?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Porthos said:

21 minutes ago, cookie said:

17 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I'm mostly wondering if it is a function of calendar placement and/or competition.  But if anyone had concrete info, it'd be appreciated. :)

If you like Japanese box office you should follow the World of KJ forum. The admin. "Corpse" makes an incredible work and knows a lot about box office in Japan.

Said that, i remember last summer, and there was a period during july-august where he couldn't post box office numbers very regularly due to many holidays periods. And also, for what i have come to understand from japanese box office, legs tend to be big for most movies (blockbusters can easily have x10 or x15 legs). @Corpse said that there's a festival in july, he literally said: "I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to provide regular updates during Obon Festival this year, since it's typically the most exciting week at the box office." 

So I guess releasing it by the end of june, makes Solo go through all those holidays in july-august that might help its run.

(if any japanese in the forum, please confirm my theory XD) 

• Like 1