CJohn

Solo: A Star Wars Story | May 25, 2018 | Bombs in spectacular fashion

I keep my faith in this movie and it's box office success no matter what. 

Anyway, this thing with the promotional posters I don't think will affect at all to the movie, unless it goes into the news. But as long as it remains in specific forums, the majority of the audience will not ever know about it. Same with the reshooting, the directors-firing, the supposed Alden acting lessons ... all that is for internal use on some forums like this. Not for GA. imo.

17 hours ago, Porthos said:

Mashable overstated Adam's point more than a bit as it turns out:

Still, I will hold off complete judgement until I get some more info, as this wouldn't be the first time a story got out without all the facts.  Even so, ain't a good look at all for Disney here.

edit

And now Manabyte chimes in with this side point:

Sigh.  And of course, all of this is breaking on the weekend. :rolleyes:

SOMEONE is getting fired over all of this.  Just hope there's a more innocent explanation than immediately appears (including a wayward 3rd party contractor).

It's not the 1st time they've stolen art lately - there was a HUGE kerfuffle over Halloween party merchandise in 2017 for the movie Hocus Pocus, where they did rip off art wholesale...they had to pull all the merchandise for that error...

Solo WW could be below BP dom.

BP is looking at 680+ dom imo and it's within the realm of possibility for Solo WW to fall below that with say 340 each dom and os.

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

$500M+ for Solo DOM

$500M for Solo DOM-China

$5M for Ranger Solo in China

I like those numbers.

Where do i sign for it?

:sarah:

• Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

$500M+ for Solo DOM

$500M for Solo DOM-China

$5M for Ranger Solo in China

5 million China, lmao

NO! :wintf:

More like 17 million in China.

Also, I'm still sticking with my Domestic and OS guesses.

289 Domestic

347 OS

636 Million - WW Final Take

Note: The only star this film has is Donald Glover (not counting "B" title star Woody Harrelson). The cast is completely white washed with virtually no DIVERSITY at all. No FEMALE lead and no DIVERSITY is not a good combination overseas or domestic. 

Diversity is key in todays world and Lucasfilm better wake up, smell the coffee,  and get on the on board the Diversity train.... 

Edited by Chad Stevens
grammar

49 minutes ago, Chad Stevens said:

5 million China, lmao

NO! More like 17 million and out of theaters in the second week in China

Still sticking wit my original guesses. Nothing has changed for me....

289 Domestic

347 OS

636 WW Take

The only star this film has is Donald Glover and B title film guy Woody Harrelson. The film has a heavy white ONLY casting with virtually no diversity at all. No female lead and no DIVERSITY in casting, I'm telling you that Lucasfilm better get on board because the DIVERSITY train is rolling......

What?

To start with, the main-4 are: white male, black male, white woman and Rastafarian ... kind of a diversity imo.

HanSolo5a787d1b81afa.jpgHanSolo5a787cf5eb5bb.jpgHanSolo5a787c9bd5942.jpgHanSolo5a787cb19f14e.jpg

Plus another black woman

thandie-newton-solo-a-star-wars-story.jp

Plus a british woman with african origins

Thandie Newton is reportedly in talks to join the Han Solo cast.

Dude, they even have a robot!!! (for whoever feels represented)Solo a star wars story

What are you talking about "non diversity"????

(plus, why the hell should they place forcedly diversity in a movie? just because its trendy now? i don't see you blaming BP because white, asians or martians are underrepresented. And BP is the perfect example for a non-diversity at all movie being a huge success without a forced-diversity cast)

Edited by meriodejaneiro
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

What?

To start with, the main-4 are: white male, black male, white woman and Rastafarian ... kind of a diversity imo.

HanSolo5a787d1b81afa.jpgHanSolo5a787cf5eb5bb.jpgHanSolo5a787c9bd5942.jpgHanSolo5a787cb19f14e.jpg

Plus another black woman

thandie-newton-solo-a-star-wars-story.jp

Plus a british woman with african origins

Thandie Newton is reportedly in talks to join the Han Solo cast.

Dude, they even have a robot!!! (for whoever feels represented)Solo a star wars story

What are you talking about "non diversity"????

(plus, why the hell should they place forcedly diversity in a movie? just because its trendy now? i don't see you blaming BP because white, asians or martians are underrepresented. And BP is the perfect example for a non-diversity at all movie being a huge success without a forced-diversity cast)

:wintf:

1 hour ago, Chad Stevens said:

Diversity is key in todays world and Lucasfilm better wake up, smell the coffee,  and get on the on board the Diversity train.... 

And the other three Disney-era SW films weren't diverse?

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

And the other three Disney-era SW films weren't diverse?

But ... this one itself is very diverse already... I really don't get the point of that Chadguy, at all. 

1 hour ago, Chad Stevens said:

Note: The only star this film has is Donald Glover (not counting "B" title star Woody Harrelson). The cast is completely white washed with virtually no DIVERSITY at all. No FEMALE lead and no DIVERSITY is not a good combination overseas or domestic. 

Of all the things to complain about in the current SW-era, this doesn't even make the list...I think some would call it a "bad take":)...

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Of all the things to complain about in the current SW-era, this doesn't even make the list...I think some would call it a "bad take":)...

The relation of @Chad Stevens and SW in general is a "bad take" since TLJ. His posts about the SW have been a bit rant, edging the illogical (mainly with Solo), and even the "troll-esque" (that's been already discussed). 

I just hope, for god's shake,  Solo doesn't match his 636M ww prediction. Don't wanna see him rubbing it into our faces LOL

8 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

The relation of @Chad Stevens and SW in general is a "bad take" since TLJ. His posts about the SW have been a bit rant, edging the illogical (mainly with Solo), and even the "troll-esque" (that's been already discussed). 

I just hope, for god's shake,  Solo doesn't match his 636M ww prediction. Don't wanna see him rubbing it into our faces LOL

I think that's more than a little unfair. When it comes to properties that he's heavily invested in, Chad seems to have two modes:  Over the moon exuberance and sky is falling pessimism.

Once one accounts for that, I think his points become more relatable.

And, yes, sometimes over the moon exuberance is prescient, as is sky is falling pessimism.  I just happen to think his apparent sky is falling opinions in regards to SW in general and Solo in particular is a tad premature. ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

I think that's more than a little unfair. When it comes to properties that he's heavily invested in, Chad seems to have two modes:  Over the moon exuberance and sky is falling pessimism.

Once one accounts for that, I think his points become more relatable.

And, yes, sometimes over the moon exuberance is prescient, as is sky is falling pessimism.  I just happen to think his apparent sky is falling opinions in regards to SW in general and Solo in particular is a tad premature. ;)

Thanks Porthos. 

You’re Absolutely Right! I'm not afraid to speak my mind when it comes to anything Star Wars.  Change is hard for some fans, and the newest Star Wars films don't hold back from rewriting the rules. 

Obviously,  I'm also not afraid to put my name on social media and to take constructive criticism. I'm a firm believer in civil liberties and diversity. 

@meriodejaneiro Just because I think the film isn't going to make a ton of money doesn't make me some bad dude. :) | Like I said, I tend to speak my mind a lot. I wouldn't be writing about Star Wars and other things daily if I wasn't passionate about it. I also can't be uber excited all the time friend.

Edited by Chad Stevens

24 minutes ago, Chad Stevens said:

Thanks Porthos. 

You’re Absolutely Right! I'm not afraid to speak my mind when it comes to anything Star Wars.  Change is hard for some fans, and the newest Star Wars films don't hold back from rewriting the rules. 

Obviously,  I'm also not afraid to put my name on social media and to take constructive criticism. I'm a firm believer in civil liberties and diversity. 

@meriodejaneiro Just because I think the film isn't going to make a ton of money doesn't make me some bad dude. :) | Like I said, I tend to speak my mind a lot. I wouldn't be writing about Star Wars and other things daily if I wasn't passionate about it. I also can't be all uber excited all the time friend. 

I'm not saying that. 

Read your comment about "lack of diversity"; then read mine proving you that Solo has white, black, african, men, women, robots...; then yours again with a wtf face. Why would you "wtf" a post showing you how wrong you are, instead of accepting how wrong you are? That's what i mean now (and i meant some months ago) when i told you that i felt you were somehow kind of trolling around. 

You can have your strong opinions, like 636M ww for Solo. That's totally fine. And I won't try to prove you wrong until numbers are in (in may-june) in case they happen to prove you wrong (or right). But that about the "non diversity" ... was like talking to a wall.

• Like 1

I stand by my opinion that TLJ will be kind of reivindicated by those who were left disappointed.

I am also a big star wars fan and really passionate about it, and the franchise's new status quo is kind of dubious because we had never had a new star wars movie every year. I have some friends who say that they are making a lot of movies set in the universe, but in my opinion one movie in a year is not a lot. Not at all.

I am really excited about Solo, more than I expected to be considering that I think it is a bad idea to make a movie about the character without Harrison Ford.

By the way, and completely offtopic, I have just seen Kenneth Branagh's "Peter's Friends" and I think it is a lovely movie. So much as to have the need to write these lines :op

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

I'm not saying that. 

Read your comment about "lack of diversity"; then read mine proving you that Solo has white, black, african, men, women, robots...; then yours again with a wtf face. Why would you "wtf" a post showing you how wrong you are, instead of accepting how wrong you are? That's what i mean now (and i meant some months ago) when i told you that i felt you were somehow kind of trolling around. 

You can have your strong opinions, like 636M ww for Solo. That's totally fine. And I won't try to prove you wrong until numbers are in (in may-june) in case they happen to prove you wrong (or right). But that about the "non diversity" ... was like talking to a wall.

The "WTF" response wasn't about your "lack of diversity" comment. It was about the comment you made, and I quote you

above. 

"(plus, why the hell should they place forcedly diversity in a movie? just because its trendy now?" 

I guess I should've been more clear! Again, I’m just passionate about diversity. I’m passionate about changing the landscape of film and television so that it resembles the world that we live in. 

Apparently you have problems with my view on this. Diversity and Inclusion is something I'm very passionate about. I will stop at nothing to fight for a world that includes everyone. I'm sorry you don't feel the same way! 

Edited by Chad Stevens

11 minutes ago, Chad Stevens said:

The "WTF" response wasn't about your "lack of diversity" comment. It was about the comment you made, and I quote you

above. 

"(plus, why the hell should they place forcedly diversity in a movie? just because its trendy now?" 

I guess I should've been more clear! Again, I’m just passionate about diversity. I’m passionate about changing the landscape of film and television so that it resembles the world that we live in. 

Apparently you have problems with my view on this. Diversity and Inclusion is something I'm very passionate about. I will stop at nothing to fight for a world that includes everyone. I'm sorry you don't feel the same way! 

Where did i say i'm against all of that?  See, it's like talking to a wall. :ph34r:

Anyway... I'm gonna leave it there.

See you on may 25th onwards :lol: