CJohn

Solo: A Star Wars Story | May 25, 2018 | Bombs in spectacular fashion

So I was googling her today because of course I was, and I saw some dude who's been building an Enfys helmet and he's been posting pictures of it on imgur (it's still a work in progress). And it's making me wonder if he'll continue once he finds out about this. He totally should because it's an amazing helmet but I could definitely see him abandoning it cuz she's a she. I'll have to see if I remember to keep checking to see if he does any more updates.

I also found this drink topper so if they have them on sale here then of course I'll have to buy it.

wz4BN4T.jpg

I find it a silly for the need to diminish famous Star Wars characters to make the new ones seems as good or interesting.

Maul and Boba Fett are not that cool, so Phasma is better.

Palpatine is just as well known as Snoke is...to diminish any issues around Snoke as a character. 

My point being, the new characters should be able to stand on their own feet and we do not need to pretend that these older famous characters were not such a big deal to do that.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

I find it a silly for the need to diminish famous Star Wars characters to make the new ones seems as good or interesting.

Maul and Boba Fett are not that cool, so Phasma is better.

Palpatine is just as well known as Snoke is...to diminish any issues around Snoke as a character. 

My point being, the new characters should be able to stand on their own feet and we do not need to pretend that these older famous characters were not such a big deal to do that.

I can't quite agree with that, at least not completely. Those comparison tend to get made to defend against unfair criticisms, e.g. "we don't know anything about Snoke" -> "we didn't know anything about Palpatine in the OT either". That doesn't diminish other famous characters, it is stating facts. If one wants to apply a criticism to one character, then one has to do the same for a similar character as well. If it was fine for the earlier character, then it is fine for a later character as well.

That is obviously seperate from other points that can be made, such as "they didn't really anything with character X". It is certainly possible to claim that they blew any potential Phasma may have had.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, George Parr said:

I can't quite agree with that, at least not completely. Those comparison tend to get made to defend against unfair criticisms, e.g. "we don't know anything about Snoke" -> "we didn't know anything about Palpatine in the OT either". That doesn't diminish other famous characters, it is stating facts. If one wants to apply a criticism to one character, then one has to do the same for a similar character as well. If it was fine for the earlier character, then it is fine for a later character as well.

That is obviously seperate from other points that can be made, such as "they didn't really anything with character X". It is certainly possible to claim that they blew any potential Phasma may have had.

True but I don't think one has to diminish a past character to make a current one look good or to counter a critique. 

I think the issue is not so many people want Snoke backstory, I think some fans just wanted more of him is what they mean.

Snoke was good but clearly Palatine in ROTJ is on another level and I think fans were so wanting to have another Palpatine in this franchise. 

So that is a separate issue then saying Palpatine is not a good or great or famous character in order to defend Snoke imo.

That is all ;)

Not sure showing this movie to drugged as fuck leftists european critics at Cannes is the best way to create buzz for this ...

• Haha 2

I suspect a twist villain...Emilia Clarke's character... maybe

30 minutes ago, Hades said:

What was that about a female villain, who is behind the mask? :sarah:

34 minutes ago, Hades said:

3 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

What was that about a female villain, who is behind the mask? :sarah:

You're not the first person to suspect that; wont be the last.  Not my personal theory involving her, but I do think she and Han will have a... complicated relationship that ends pretty damn badly. 

There IS something interesting regarding Emilia Clarke's character though that has appeared in official merchandising.  Even though it's officially out there, I'll still put it behind spoiler bars since it hasn't been shown in trailers and what not just to be on the safe side.

Spoiler

Emilia Clarke's character has been showing holding the dice set seen in TLJ (and in the OT) that is presumed to be involved in how Han won the Falcon:

If this doubles as a momento to both how he won the Falcon AND what he thought of Qi'ra... Well it'll be interesting to see just what happens in the movie between the two.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Hades said:

and watch She become Boba Fett.  

• Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

19 hours ago, LonePirate said:

A new trailer just six weeks to release seems a bit odd to me. I'm guessing they are trying some sort of new marketing spin for the film following some feedback from a test screening or two. Between the Cannes premier and now this trailer, it's been a surprisingly optimistic week for this film.

They should have dropped the trailer with the NCAA basketball championship game. The NBA and NHL playoff start soon. The NHL starts this week. I think the NBA starts next week. We could see a lot of tv spots during the playoffs. 

:sarah:falls into an acid vat at the end of the movie.

Midcredits, we see that she survived but is forever deformed...

ce0f9d1ed6491362b1dea902cfc52c75.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

11 minutes ago, Porthos said:

And+now+we+wait+for+the+behind+the+gif+_

===

RebWGyw.png on the thread title, Staff. :)

I've been so busy at work I haven't even had a chance to think about this. Hopefully it's not for another 90 minutes since that's when I go on lunch. Although if it's before then I'll stop working anyway. :hahaha:

• Like 1

Bring on the new trailer. I'm looking forward to it. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Just a thought

What if this movie actually solves Rey's parentage, and she's actually Han and :sarah:'s granddaughter. So that makes her Kylo's niece :lol: 

• Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Just a thought

What if this movie actually solves Rey's parentage, and she's actually Han and :sarah:'s granddaughter. So that makes her Kylo's niece :lol: 

Spoiler

PSHHH! Every TRUE Star Wars fan knows Rey is the daughter of Luke and Leia. And after realizing the aftermath of their crime against nature, they left her to die on Jakku.

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun
  • ...wtf 1

5 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:
  Hide contents

PSHHH! Every TRUE Star Wars fan knows Rey is the daughter of Luke and Leia. And after realizing the aftermath of their crime against nature, they left her to die on Jakku.

ffs

Jerry-Seinfeld-Shivering-With-Disgust-Re

• Like 1
  • Haha 1