Gopher

Thursday #s- IO 4.25 JW 3.25 Mike 2.6 TS 2.4

IO -17%

JW -16%

Mike -9%

Termy -15%

Courtesy of yours truly. 

Before everyone freaks out, remember that Minions started early (6pm) today so theater counts were hit earlier tonight instead of tomorrow (and from what I saw IO/JW lost a lot of screens today). 

UPDATE: IO 4.25 JW 3.25 Mike 2.6 TS 2.4 

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 5

As we say goodbye to the IO/JW tag teaming, let's reflect on how JW made 276 mil in the past three weeks and IO made 267 mil. Simply outstanding and the only two movies people were interested in for a while. 

• Like 1

lol Terminator might not pass 100m

It did exactly what I thought it would do today. It's at 55.1 million right now and will probably increase by 2 million tomorrow. It should still do 12.5 and 13.5 million this weekend. Which will put it in the 68 million range after it's second weekend and still with a decent chance to hit 100 million.

Edited by gb0708

We're not gonna get MINION numbers until tomorrow morning. (No offense to Gopher, but my guess is that preview numbers are so fluid that it's hard to extrapolate the rest of an evening performance until the last of the WC numbers come in.)

I can't extrapolate Minions previews until 10AM tomorrow because it's reported as Friday business, lol. 

I don't think Terminator is hitting 100. Even if it reaches 12-13 this weekend it'll lose a ton of theaters/interest next weekend. 

I can't extrapolate Minions previews until 10AM tomorrow because it's reported as Friday business, lol. 

Never considered that wrinkle. :lol:

I don't think Terminator is hitting 100. Even if it reaches 12-13 this weekend it'll lose a ton of theaters/interest next weekend. 

As long as it passes TOMORROWLAND. :angry:

It will be close, depends on how long Paramount keeps in it theaters. Along with how well it does once it hits dollar shows. It's still likely to be over 80 million by the end of next weekend. While even TomorrowLand  has been able to gross 15 million dollars after it's third weekend so far. Even with losing interest and tons of screens with Jurassic World out.

Never considered that wrinkle. :lol:

As long as it passes TOMORROWLAND. :angry:

TomorrowLand was at 63.7 million after it's second weekend. So as long as Terminator Genisys doesn't have a huge drop this weekend. It should jump past that by 2-3 million dollars.

Edited by gb0708

Tomorrowland competition was less than what TG will face. Ant-Man/Pixels/Rogue Nation/Fantastic 4 etc hit the same audience and I am expecting all of them to open good( > 50m). With TG already at 4th place, it will lose screens very quickly or get very small screens.So I agree with gopher on it missing 100m.

• Like 2

It did exactly what I thought it would do today. It's at 55.1 million right now and will probably increase by 2 million tomorrow. It should still do 12.5 and 13.5 million this weekend. Which will put it in the 68 million range after it's second weekend and still with a decent chance to hit 100 million.

This is july. I dont see TG increasing 80% on friday. Lone Ranger increased 51% and that faced smaller openers than what TG is facing this week. Next weekend since its 2 weeks old, it will start shedding theaters as well.

• Like 1

Tomorrowland competition was less than what TG will face. Ant-Man/Pixels/Rogue Nation/Fantastic 4 etc hit the same audience and I am expecting all of them to open good( > 50m). With TG already at 4th place, it will lose screens very quickly or get very small screens.So I agree with gopher on it missing 100m.

That's a good point, it might tap out at 93-95 million then.

This is july. I dont see TG increasing 80% on friday. Lone Ranger increased 51% and that faced smaller openers than what TG is facing this week. Next weekend since its 2 weeks old, it will start shedding theaters as well.

If it did 4 million on Tuesday, it should do near 4 million on Friday still. Weren't you saying it couldn't increase that much last Thursday to Friday too? Then it went from 6.5 to 10.8 million. This movie still has a older audience, so it will have decent increases from weekday to weekend. Even if it loses screens it's still likely going to be in a lot of screens come next weekend. Likely 2,500 plus still. Which will likely just cut out the IMAX and 3D screens which probably aren't doing very well anyways.

Edited by gb0708