CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

The first Despicable Me was the last animated movie I seen in theaters. I found it alright but I have never got around to watching the 2nd. I may eventually catch it and Minions when they're on TV. Not much of an animated movie person anymore. That may change with Finding Dory and Toy Story 4.

The first Despicable Me was the last animated movie I seen in theaters. I found it alright but I have never got around to watching the 2nd. I may eventually catch it and Minions when they're on TV. Not much of an animated movie person anymore. That may change with Finding Dory and Toy Story 4.

This is probably the difference between animation fans and non.

I'm not looking forward to two obvious cash grabs but the general public loves their franchises.

Personally think Dory will not best Nemo. Just way too long after and Nemo does not need or scream or warrant a sequel, especially the kind that they have decided to make.

I'm looking forward to Good Dinosaur with renewed faith and really want to see Zootopia in the hopes of intelligent films. Panda 3 also looks pretty stunning.

This is probably the difference between animation fans and non.

I'm not looking forward to two obvious cash grabs but the general public loves their franchises.

Personally think Dory will not best Nemo. Just way too long after and Nemo does not need or scream or warrant a sequel, especially the kind that they have decided to make.

I'm looking forward to Good Dinosaur with renewed faith and really want to see Zootopia in the hopes of intelligent films. Panda 3 also looks pretty stunning.

I know that Dory won't best Nemo just seeing characters I enjoyed again has me curious. I was the same way with Toy Story 3 and was pleasantly surprised. Inside Out's reception has me curious to check it out but there's so much I want to see this summer I can wait to redbox it.

It has an A cinema score

Exactly - I don't know why people here keep saying WOM is toxic! All tweets am seeing are positive and all people I asked loved it..The Sun and Sat drops are not drastic at all, one million diff between Fri and Sat. 

• Like 2

Exactly - I don't know why people here keep saying WOM is toxic! All tweets am seeing are positive and all people I asked loved it..The Sun and Sat drops are not drastic at all, one million diff between Fri and Sat.

Don't worry it doesn't have toxic WOM - the A cinema score proves this. Some Pixar fanboys just want it to fail just so IO could do even better.

• Like 1

I do think that the Minions have a massive audience far beyond just children, particularly teenagers and young adults, but those who love the Minions are kind of predisposed to love this movie anyway, so WOM is fine.

Also, off topic, but Amy is spectacular. Just so heartbreaking and supremely put together. I recommend it for anyone who enjoys a well-made doc, even if you aren't an Amy Winehouse fan. Just great.

• Like 3

Cinemascore never proves anything, either positively or negatively. It's an absurdly small sample size.

Fair enough, but kids seem to love it. And since they're the primary target audience for this movie I don't see it having many problems brining in the big bucks. 

I haven't seen the movie yet so I can't judge for myself but I thought the minions were the weakest part of the DM franchise so I'm not too enthusiastic about it.

Fair enough, but kids seem to love it. And since they're the primary target audience for this movie I don't see it having many problems brining in the big bucks. 

I haven't seen the movie yet so I can't judge for myself but I thought the minions were the weakest part of the DM franchise so I'm not too enthusiastic about it.

Kids love everything. It's not a commentary on MINIONS. 

Also, off topic, but Amy is spectacular. Just so heartbreaking and supremely put together. I recommend it for anyone who enjoys a well-made doc, even if you aren't an Amy Winehouse fan. Just great.

Saw it tonight and thought it was great too. Hope it's a strong contender at the Oscars for doc.

• Like 1