CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

I've just never seen fudging done when I had the real numbers in front of me. It's crazy.

(oh come on, I've long since given up on JW)

Yea but u know it gets done all the time.

Do any of you guys remember that email I posted from Mario Kassar from a few years ago when he told me flat out. Every studio fudges the numbers? He said none of the other studios really care because at the end of the day the final gross is the final gross that is not fudge.

What about Terminator Salvation's $125m "final" gross? I think there are plenty of instances where the studios are pushing films to certain milestones in a mysterious manner and there is reason to believe the films didn't actually get there.

• Like 1

What's  up with these 110-115m predictions for Minions. It just set an OD record. Why would it be that frontloaded?

I don't know. Maybe they're playing it safe.

And come on, is frontloadness really necessary for movies like these? In fact, where does that frontloadness come from? Does it happen to every blockbuster?

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

What's  up with these 110-115m predictions for Minions. It just set an OD record. Why would it be that frontloaded?

Because its not Pixar. Everyone will soon realize how terrible of a movie Minions is and they will demand refunds. Right now all executives from Pixar are in the Sudan providing food medicine and shelter to young homeless children.

• Like 5

Really really disagree.

The studios are the first to boast when they open well.

Sure, movie studios aren't so stuck up about that they won't brag about success and they'd rather have money than not. It's just not surprising that as a studio gets more established that they'd rather make money with properties higher up the cinematic food chain than horror. The quest for respectability happens all the time in Hollywood.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica

Because its not Pixar. Everyone will soon realize how terrible of a movie Minions is and they will demand refunds. Right now all executives from Pixar are in the Sudan providing food medicine and shelter to young homeless children.

Lol, your Pixar hate is laughable.

• Like 5

I don't know. Maybe they're playing it safe.

And come on, is frontloadness really necessary for movies like these? In fact, where does that frontloadness come from? Does it happen to every blockbuster?

Frontloading comes from marketing and sequel excitement, and the following days not quite managing to sustain that.