MrFanaticGuy34

Which 2D animated Disney films would you want to see re-released in theaters, just for it to earn more box-office money?

Ok. Which Disney 2D animated films would you have wanted to see getting re-released in theaters, just to earn more money?

Any choice given. You could also write down how much their re-releases would have done.

Here is my list:

Aladdin: ($217M DOM & $504M WW)

Pocahontas ($141M DOM & $346M WW)

Hunchback of Notre Dame ($100M DOM & $325M WW)

Hercules ($99M DOM & $253M WW)

Mulan ($120M DOM & $304M WW)

Tarzan ($171M DOM & $448M WW)

Easily Aladdin. One of the best animations ever plus I can finely see it on big screen. 

An IMAX 3D release would be spectacular  :D

Fantasia, Little Mermaid, Mary Poppins, Snow White and Pinocchio would all be nice, too!

I also would love to see Studio Ghibli's 1984-1988 output, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle re-released someday. 

• Like 2

Aladdin would be great. In the States, Disney has acted like it doesn't exist for about the last decade (to the point where Europe had a Blu-Ray for a while, and we don't get it until October). It had an IMAX release planned for 2004, but was cancelled due to diminishing returns from the previous ones.

Edited by TServo2049

Aladdin would be great. In the States, Disney has acted like it doesn't exist for about the last decade (to the point where Europe had a Blu-Ray for a while, and we don't get it until October). It had an IMAX release planned for 2004, but was cancelled due to diminishing returns from the previous ones.

Ugh, 9/11 really did a number on Aladdin visibility. I remember my 90's childhood walking into a toy store and getting to pick from the wall to wall Aladdin merch. Plus, the games, the direct to video sequels, the tv show! It was Disney's magical blue cow that wouldn't stop giving.

Things are finally getting better now, with the Blu-Ray release and the musical.

• Like 1

Yeah, for a while I was worried Aladdin might turn into the Disney Renaissance equivalent of Song of the South. Even Pocahontas got a Blu-Ray release in the States before Aladdin did.

As a boy growing up in the Disney Renaissance, Aladdin was probably my favorite. I remember watching it on video more times than I can count, and my younger brother remembers the same. (Even after we bought The Lion King on video, I think I may have still watched Aladdin more.)

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Yeah, for a while I was worried Aladdin might turn into the Disney Renaissance equivalent of Song of the South. Even Pocahontas got a Blu-Ray release in the States before Aladdin did.

If any Renaissance movie deserves the Song of the South treatment then it is Pocahontas. The Powhatan Nation has an entire page on their official website explaining how Disney flat out refused their assistance to help make the story accurate and instead chose to sugarcoat a tragic real life story to deeply hurtful levels. Not that sugarcoating should not be expected of Disney but why did they have to choose this one particular historical figure to make a movie on when the people directly connected to her culture had serious issues with it from the get go? I'm sure the Powhatans must have offered a number of other ideas to adapt instead.

As a boy growing up in the Disney Renaissance, Aladdin was probably my favorite. I remember watching it on video more times than I can count, and my younger brother remembers the same. (Even after we bought The Lion King on video, I think I may have still watched Aladdin more.)

Hehe, my sis and I had 3 of the Big Renaissance 4 on VHS (Aladdin, TLK and BatB), and Aladdin was easily the one we watched the most. I even had an Aladdin themed birthday when I turned 8 and I was uber obsessed with the Aladdin sidescroll PC game and the Magic Carpet board game.

03ed7b4e4196712c63b9e31b0b9c423a.jpg

^This one. :P

• Like 1