grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

If it weren’t for comments like these from the people behind these movies, I wouldn’t be so harsh on these cash grab remakes

LOL at #boycott! That's such a Gen Z thing to say. Sure, the quote was idiotic but yeah, let's boycott a movie because I don't like a quote!

• Thanks 3

Just now, JB33 said:

LOL at #boycott! That's such a Gen Z thing to say. Sure, the quote was idiotic but yeah, let's boycott a movie because I don't like a quote!

JB33 I like you...come on man. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mulder said:

I'm old school man. I just get a laugh out of these things. It's like Zendaya's line from Homecoming about wanting to do some light protesting while in DC.

This has already sold more seats for that weekend than either Detective Pikachu or John Wick 2 have sold for their first weekends at my theater. I doubt this approaches Beauty and the Beast '17 numbers overall but yeah, this is gonna be big.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is the Aladdin trailer attach to Endgame for anyone? I never see it at any of my EG showings.

Weird, is there a rule a studio can only attach 2 of their movie trailers at a time or something? I always had Star Wars and Lion King, both of which definitely don’t need the exposure EG brings IMO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sam said:

Is the Aladdin trailer attach to Endgame for anyone? I never see it at any of my EG showings.

Weird, is there a rule a studio can only attach 2 of their movie trailers at a time or something? I always had Star Wars and Lion King, both of which definitely don’t need the exposure EG brings IMO.

Aladdin (and Toy Story 4) are attached to the 3D shows. Star Wars and Lion King are the 2D shows.

It's a strategy that Disney employed with TFA. Put the higher-profile movies, more "important" movies in the 2D version (Zootopia, Civil War) and put the movies that look "cooler" with the 3D effect in the 3D version (The Finest Hours, The Jungle Book)

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes Aladdin was the last trailer in 3D. My showing had NO Lion King and NO Star War trailer which was disappointing.

If Aladdin "fails" at the box office, it won't be due to marketing. The marketing for this one has been at least as strong as Captain Marvel.

13 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Yes Aladdin was the last trailer in 3D. My showing had NO Lion King and NO Star War trailer which was disappointing.

If Aladdin "fails" at the box office, it won't be due to marketing. The marketing for this one has been at least as strong as Captain Marvel.

So .... relatively weak?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mulder said:

I forget which generation I am (1985 and way grouchier than most but huge on rights). That said, it's super dooshy and trashy to tweet that crap. Bitter sad angry folks on Twitter ruin the medium for everyone.

Twitter has become outrage extreme I deleted the app a year ago and my account 3 months ago. It's been a good decision. Politics and everything else is so devisive. POTUS is an awesome poster, his politics are totally irrelevant to me. Twitter is so incredibly negative.

Edited by cdsacken

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Weak yet one of the greatest performing films of all time. DOM will end up 430+

Captain marvels run has been great, yeah. Of all time is a bit of an exaggeration though imo, since 400M+ DOM and 1,1B+ WW grossers have become more frequent.

But the marketing before ... that was just mediocre for Marvel standards.

9 hours ago, filmlover said:

This has already sold more seats for that weekend than either Detective Pikachu or John Wick 2 have sold for their first weekends at my theater. I doubt this approaches Beauty and the Beast '17 numbers overall but yeah, this is gonna be big.

TOLDJA!!

the original is hugely beloved and this looks pretty good

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

What if Aladdin gets better reviews that Pokemon?   Not that reviews will matter that much for Aladdin. But they can't screw it up that badly if they follow the original

Lol but but twitter said people didn't like the original haha.

14 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Captain marvels run has been great, yeah. Of all time is a bit of an exaggeration though imo, since 400M+ DOM and 1,1B+ WW grossers have become more frequent.

But the marketing before ... that was just mediocre for Marvel standards.

It's a stand alone super hero film and not a sequel. It's all time I disagree. :D