grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

I forget which generation I am (1985 and way grouchier than most but huge on rights). That said, it's super dooshy and trashy to tweet that crap. Bitter sad angry folks on Twitter ruin the medium for everyone.

Twitter has become outrage extreme I deleted the app a year ago and my account 3 months ago. It's been a good decision. Politics and everything else is so devisive. POTUS is an awesome poster, his politics are totally irrelevant to me. Twitter is so incredibly negative.

It’s a dooshy way for the people behind it to dismiss the animated version even though they’ll be practically identical. That’s my personal stigma with Disney’s readaptations because they convey help (along with Illumination) the message that animation is purely for kids and live action is for grownups.

I do agree that boycotting the film is stupid especially one so big it won’t really matter, and even though I dislike the film I’m not to scream so loudly on Twitter to boycott when it’s not a major issue. It kind of shows how needy for attention one can be.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Runtime is 128 minutes. More than half hour longer than the animated film 

they added new scenes. it's in the novelization. also changed some things to make it more modern. doesn't sound bad, IMO.

13 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Runtime is 128 minutes. More than half hour longer than the animated film 

Same running time as Beauty and the Beast '17. We should place bets that The Lion King and the future remake of The Little Mermaid (2021?) will also be as long.

9 hours ago, filmlover said:

This has already sold more seats for that weekend than either Detective Pikachu or John Wick 2 have sold for their first weekends at my theater. I doubt this approaches Beauty and the Beast '17 numbers overall but yeah, this is gonna be big.

On the contrary, Aladdin has barely even sold a third of Pikachu's total seats so far at my theater

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

Films used to be boycotted because they were absolutely offensive to groups, included absolutely abhorrent topics, and made harming political, racial, or religious claims.

Nowadays people call for boycotts for films just because THEY don't want to see it.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Films used to be boycotted because they were absolutely offensive to groups, included absolutely abhorrent topics, and made harming political, racial, or religious claims.

Nowadays people call for boycotts for films just because THEY don't want to see it.

Captain Marvel's "boycott" from MRAs just proved to be completely ineffective, among other examples that only reinforces the notion that the Internet is largely just an echo chamber.

Don't mind me Nova I'm just pissed they keep cramming extra crap in these remakes. It's one of the reasons Dumbo failed miserably. 128 might be ok but 110 Max would have been so much better.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

btw this movie looks worse than Sonic.

Though neither Sonic nor Aladdin look nearly as bad as the catastrophe that was my lunch 2 hours ago. I really thought i knew what to do with those noodles :sadno:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Don't mind me Nova I'm just pissed they keep cramming extra crap in these remakes. It's one of the reasons Dumbo failed miserably. 128 might be ok but 110 Max would have been so much better.

In their defense, maybe in this situation they’ve added something in order to make it different from the original rather than bog it down like they did with Dumbo? 

Just now, Nova said:

It’s still morning in the states. Isn’t it a little too early for you to already be drunk? 

i said what i said at least Sonic looks like a disaster.  this just looks boring.  who cares.  it's gonna regurgitate everything from the animated movie, make it not good and add in a bunch of unnecessary bullshit that makes it worse.

at least this looks better than The Lion King though

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

i said what i said at least Sonic looks like a disaster.  this just looks boring.  who cares.  it's gonna regurgitate everything from the animated movie, make it not good and add in a bunch of unnecessary bullshit that makes it worse.

I mean, I agree somewhat.

Though I am interested on how Will Smith does the Genie.

• Like 1

I thought Ritchie's King Arthur was just awful, and I went to one of those free screenings they did 2 weeks early. And, outside of fun performances from Cavill/RDJ, Man from UNCLE and the two Sherlocks weren't all that impressive either. Dunno where all this faith comes from of him somehow delivering with this, even if it's a remake of a great animated film.

In regards to Sonic, they both have bad looking CGI blue dudes and could have fun performances from icons from the 90's

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

It’s a dooshy way for the people behind it to dismiss the animated version even though they’ll be practically identical. That’s my personal stigma with Disney’s readaptations because they convey help (along with Illumination) the message that animation is purely for kids and live action is for grownups.

I do agree that boycotting the film is stupid especially one so big it won’t really matter, and even though I dislike the film I’m not to scream so loudly on Twitter to boycott when it’s not a major issue. It kind of shows how needy for attention one can be.

I have zero desire to get in between that drama. The animated version was incredible, I hope the new one lives up to the high bar it set. Dumbo failed miserably. I am with you though disparing the original is bad, calling for a boycott is one step worse.

32 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Eat a Snickers. You sound hangry. If your not drunk, have a pint :D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

I have zero desire to get in between that drama. The animated version was incredible, I hope the new one lives up to the high bar it set. Dumbo failed miserably. I am with you though disparing the original is bad, calling for a boycott is one step worse.

I agree, calling for a boycott for that reason is rather silly especially when it won’t have that much of an effect and you especially don’t have to parade it all over Twitter.

But I do agree with the person’s sentimence that they are disparing and condescending towards the original with those comments.