grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

7 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

As the number one member of the Billy Magnussen fan-club on this site, if Aladdin makes Billy Magnussen the A-list star I've been wanting him to be, then I take back every bad thing I said about this production beforehand.

Edited by TMP
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, TMP said:

As the number one member of the Billy Magnussen fan-club on this site, if Aladdin makes Billy Magnussen the A-list star I've been wanting him to be, then I take back every bad thing I said about this production beforehand.

The Agony sequence from Into the Woods is probably top 5 greatest musical numbers of all time.

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

10 minutes ago, Ryaner90 said:

I think the fact that a number of critics have likely seen this and haven't said a word is kind of telling to what kind of reaction this movie is going to get

It could also just be some critics, at least here in the states, haven't been able to see it. I follow a bunch on Letterboxd, and at least of the ones I've seen, not one has put it down under "watched". It also only just had its premiere in Paris, which is not really the easiest place to get to for a lot of critics.

• Astonished 1

1 minute ago, KJsooner said:

Just saw a really atrocious tv spot for Aladdin during American Idol with awful auto tuning.

Damn it Disney, it was already bad you were remaking Aladdin but now you’re going the BATB route and making it worse.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Damn it Disney, it was already bad you were remaking Aladdin but now you’re going the BATB route and making it worse.

I pray to god Big Willie Style isn't auto-tuned. Don't rob us of this greatness!

18 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Critics are gonna be ready to pounce all over this poor flick. Probably gonna get 25-30% on RT.

I seriously doubt it goes lower than 65%. Dumbo was a F and fell to 50ish.

Kids films get graded on a huge curve.

I don’t know. I can’t tell. It doesn’t seem like the flick is boring which should work in its favor. But the reality is that we have so few reactions to even look at. I thought when they said social media embargo was dropping today, that we’d get more reactions from folks :mellow: But we have such a small set of reactions that it’s hard to tell which way it’s going to go 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I seriously doubt it goes lower than 65%. Dumbo was a F and fell to 50ish.

Kids films get graded on a huge curve.

Not really, it’s not like Wonder Park and Uglydolls were given passes.

My range for this is about the same for Pikachu:

50%-75% on RT.

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Not really, it’s not like Wonder Park and Uglydolls were given passes.

My range for this is about the same for Pikachu:

50%-75% on RT.

Yeah it's possible for 50 as absolute lowest if it's an F like Dumbo. Paramount films don't get the benefit of the doubt. The big ones do.

1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

Yeah it's possible for 50 as absolute lowest if it's an F like Dumbo. Paramount films don't get the benefit of the doubt. The big ones do.

How exactly did The Nutcracker get the benefit of the doubt? 

8 minutes ago, Nova said:

Emoji movie currently waiting for its curve 

:Gaga:

Exception to the rule. Like Venom doing well despite horrible reviews. 

I was surprised how bad that was but I'm more referring to Pixar/Disney etc.

There are tons of examples over the past decade of random super awful animated films doing god awful reception wise. Compare to the non animated films though.

Emoji is definitely a rare example of no kid gloves. Yikes!

Edited by cdsacken

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

How exactly did The Nutcracker get the benefit of the doubt? 

Deserved 0 instead of 33%. Similar to Dumbo. On the quality of emoji, a movied rated fairly for once as Nova showed.

• Haha 1