grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

I...actually didn't hate that? Maybe it's just Nasim's reaction shots, but I got a bit of a smile out of it.

Watch her and Billy Magnussen be the MVPs of this as the only new characters invented for this remake lol.

17 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

giphy.gif

For such an exciting music number in the original, this just feels so flat and devoid of the kinetic energy that one gave us.

And it's not a case of moving from animatation to live action. There is a lot they could have done to make this number a lot more exciting. It's just badly staged, period.

Maybe that Ritchie has never done a musical before had something to do with it.

I have seen local theatrical companies do musical numbers a lot better then that one.

Edited by dudalb

9 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

This film looks like it is going to be worse than Beauty and the Beast.

I  did not think that B and the B was bad;it was OK but pretty much lacked the charm of the original.

But this looks lousy.

And I admit, the whole live action version of classic Disney cartoons could vanish and I think nothing of any large value would be lost.

23 minutes ago, TMP said:

This looks Fant4stic levels bad

If it turns out that way , it because both films had the same fatal problem:A Director who was totally wrong for the material.

And there will be people who will defend this just because it is more "Modern" and "Updated" and therefore better then the "dated" original. There is a word for people like that:Stupid.

Edited by dudalb
  • Astonished 1

39 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

lol, changing the speed to 1.25x on youtube actually makes the clip work a lot better. A lot more energy to it than the normal clip.

This. 1.25x should have been the normal speed. 

That said, I still find the musical sequence to be stiff, especially when compared to the original. I hope this doesn't permeate for the rest of the film, but then again, it did with Beauty and the Beast, so hopes aren't too high right now.

4 hours ago, Alli said:

Where's a young Jim Carrey when you need him? The man had such infectious energy

I liked more this one .... the rhythm, the camera angles, the gags... everything is very well combined in the whole scene. it that could be done 25 years ago (with some special effects included!!!!) ... I don't see why Ritchie couldn't make a Prince Ali version closer in dynamism to the original version. 

Aladdin was by far my Disney fav from childhood (even over TLK), and I had high hopes on this live action ... which have been fading away step by step with every material it's been released. It still is Aladdin, so I hope it opens kind of good, but legs won't be there at all. And I feel very very sad about it, honestly. I really wanted this to be a very special movie, well done, well received, acclaimed  :( 

45 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Sorry to disappoint the trolls BATB was good. 

BATB was pretty good, not bad, but nowhere near as good as the original.

And so disagreeing with you about movie makes someone a troll? Nice.

I am getting the sick feeling that a lot of people in this thread have never seen the original. you know, the whole "I have never seen a movie..except for Star Wars.....made before I was born and I am proud of it" types.