grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

21 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

As soon as they get Fox’s properties, Disney won’t have to look for more animations to turn into live action. They will have a lot of options; Percy Jackson, Planet of the Apes, etc.

I would love if they took PJO and Heroes of Olympus and made shows on Disney+ like how Netflix is taking a lot of Nick's properties and making shows and movies (Last Airbender, Loud House).

51 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Once Mulan, The Little Mermaid and Lilo and Stitch are done, Disney will likely have nothing else to further remake for big money (their best bets in my opinion are 101 Dalmatians, The Rescuers or Bambi) as they’ve used up their pool. Though I wonder what they’ll do in live action as again they have relied on those.

We've already had a live-action 101 Dalmatians remake that made a killing back in 1996 and a movie about Young Cruella starring Emma Stone is in the not-far-off future. They won't be remaking the original again any time soon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LordNox said:

Disney will not run out of live action remakes. In the coming ten years they will make live action versions of their newer movies such as Moana, Coco and Frozen.

It’d still be too soon and not have the same impact. For all we know Frozen may be at 3 films and Moana may have a sequel in ten years from now. They’d have to wait ~15 years at least for the most impact.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

This looks bloody awful.  Bomb city.  No stars, no charisma, unsure camera work, sloppy design/cheap looking backgrounds, Guy Ritchie, bluman Will Smith that doesn't seem natural to his world.  And they're darkening the skin of the actress who plays Jasmine?  Is that true??  I could go on...

Teaser is entirely forgettable except for nightmarish Will Smith.  Disney's lowest-grossing of the year, by far, very possible bomb.

Edited by Macleod

Just now, Macleod said:

This looks bloody awful.  Bomb city.  No stars, no charisma, unsure camera work, sloppy design, Guy Ritchie, bluman Will Smith that doesn't seem natural to his world.  And they're darkening the skin of the actress who plays Jasmine?   I could go on...

Teaser is entirely forgettable except for nightmarish Will Smith.  Disney's lowest-grossing of the year, by far, very possible bomb. 

No stars?

6blt39m.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Maybe they are still working on the CGI for the genie? Only a few seconds shown so far, there is still time to tweak his appearance.

Good bet they are, release is still what more than 2 months away ? Alita changed a lot from trailers to release.

• Thanks 1