grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

3 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I’m not really interested in Aladdin myself so I think I’ll pass lol.

We have more then enough movies coming out in the next few months. I need to see Shazam and endgame a few times each before that other stuff. 

I loved the original, but, frankly, not interested in the remake. Can't be any better, and might well be worse.

And, frankly, you need to take an interest in things other then comic books.....

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Bold marketing strategy by Disney.  Following up the worst possible teaser trailer with a thoroughly mediocre trailer that will make people go "THIS LOOKS AMAZING!!!" just because it doesn't look like complete garbage

LMAO

Its not a bad trailer but it’s not “rewatchable” 

This one on the other hand had one of the strongest second halfs of a trailer :

12 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Bold marketing strategy by Disney.  Following up the worst possible teaser trailer with a thoroughly mediocre trailer that will make people go "THIS LOOKS AMAZING!!!" just because it doesn't look like complete garbage

Lmao, you cracked their strategy.

But then again, that strategy didn't work for Solo, so....

Better trailer then the last, but I still have reservations about the film. It could be good, but there's also potential to mess things up. The actor playing Jafar doesn't look threatening in the least bit, for example. Put me in the mildly optimistic / pessimistic camp. I think it could be a really big hit or a flop. 

4 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Better than that special look but I am still not impressed. Actors are biggest turn off for me.

I didn't like the visuals even.

Lol, don't tell me it looks worse than Bollywood movies.

I think it looks just the same as Bollywood (so you should like it?) - but only 10 times better... :)

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1

This movie could also suffer from the past movies (ala DCU)...it's not surprise that Beauty and the Beast did not age well for audiences (if they even loved it on 1st watch), and Mary Poppins 2 also did not seem to hit the mark with audiences (technically, not a remake, but not sure folks see the difference).  With Dumbo up next, another miss might be pretty harmful for this movie's potential, no matter how good the movie is, since the main audience may decide that Disney can't quite measure these new movies up to the originals...

Yes, yes, I know they are "all separate", but in a lot of Gen X and Gen Y minds, they all fall together into "Disney childhood movies"...so, there will start to be a cumulative effect.

I admit, I was psyched for B&TB, had OW tickets til I got sick and had to trade them in, ended up watching it on digital...and was disappointed...

I laid off MP2 tickets even though the trailers looked great, figuring I'd wait for feedback before buying...and didn't buy:)...

Now, there's no way I'm buying Dumbo and Aladdin without some serious amazing features and friend feedback from these movies (unless the tickets are so cheap, it's worth the "2 hours of enjoying any movie" price)...

So, maybe that makes me the non-Disney fan...but this isn't new concept stuff where I'm in with no preconceptions (like I have tickets to Wonder Park) - I know I have versions of these movies that are great in my house now:)...

I mean, I went to Ralph b/c I liked the 1st and as a sequel, I knew I'd get something different...here, I might just get a not-as-good rehash...again...in that case, I can try a different movie entirely or rewatch the animateds at home:)...

4 hours ago, Valonqar said:

anecdotal evidence always ends up supporting the POV of whoever relates anecdotal evidence. if they root for the movie than they anecdotally always run into people who are supper excited. if they don't they anecdotally only run into people who have no interest. in short, it really doesn't help.

Lol, exactly!

I just called out cax16 on that. He was like: my kids are not interested in seeing Aladdin. I was like: really? so just take them, they'll thank you later. And he was like: noo, I have to see all superhero movies a couple of times each first. :)

So, yeah, he who gives the money decides what the kids will or will not want to see, lol. Tough luck for them.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1

Gotta give credit to the marketing team for avoiding making Will the total center of attention on that poster by not featuring his name at the top (even though it shows in the credits at the bottom he's getting above the title treatment in the movie as expected anyway).

5 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

So this could have the chance to be Guy Ritchie’s highest grossing film if good things do go right with this one, right?

Since his current two highest grossers are two of the Sherlock Holmes-movies (especially the sequel).

So this has to be the most incompetent post in this whole thread.

Someone, like, legitimately asking if Aladdin HAS A CHANCE of making more than 500m WW... :)

• Like 1

This still looks......bad. Like yea the trailer looks better than the teaser but it’s not like it could have gotten any worse than what we got from the teaser. 

Have no idea what it’ll do at the box office but I’m not expecting much quality wise from this movie. 

ETA: the highlight of the trailer is when A Whole New World starts playing. I'm dumb founded as to how that wasn't included earlier in any of the teasers cause if this movie is gonna do well at the box office, that song playing during the trailer is gonna be a major selling point. 

Edited by Nova