grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

3 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Nostalgia works better than original movies like Jupiter Ascending and Valerian.

This is the biggest problem lately. We all complain about remakes, but the original-concept films, at least ones not based on comics, manga or any other source,........aren't much better. You get a few good kernels, but some of them don't succeed because people are hesitant to get burned over a potential bad original movie.

It's not about original films being superior to films based on other source materials, it's an age-old argument and you have your good and bad examples in both camps. A movie being a part of a larger franchise can still offer something new and interesting and they can be successful, look at something like Into the Spider-Verse or Logan. That's my problem with most of these Disney remakes, they don't offer ANYTHING besides cheap nostalgia. It's just "Hey, here's the shiny new version of that thing you loved as a kid!" Which if that's what you want, cool, but I'd take something like Jupiter Ascending or Valerian with a little more personality that's at least trying to do SOMETHING new and mix it up a little bit.

As for the trailer... it's not even good looking nostalgia, it's literally cheap-looking. And someone tell these actors to stop emoting so much, it's crazy! "What do I have to I have to do." "There's a cave of wonders. Bring me the lamp." WOAH, CALM DOWN WITH ALL THAT EMOTING OVER THERE.

Edited by MOVIEGUY
  • Like 1

The new trailer is better than anything we've seen so far - but I am still not sold on this. 

Does that matter anyway? No, it does not because I seem to be one of the few people around who are increasingly annoyed by that Disney/Marvel domination.

I have the feeling that at this time Disney can do whatever they want and people are throwing money at them. 

4 hours ago, excel1 said:

Haters gonna hate while this breaks out big league 

Exactly.

This already looks a million times better than the atrocious BATB (if anyone can be called plasticface due to their lack of acting skills, that is Miss Emma W), if only because the sets don't look like a big ole green screen/CGI nightmare. 

This is going to be a Mary Poppins Returns in reverse: everyone is wildly underpredicting it and dismissing it as a sure-fire flop, and everyone will watch in wonder/surprise as it makes a billion dollars worldwide.

All this "looks cheap" claims are simply biased opinions based on their being convinced from day one that it is going to flop. I have never seen a "cheap-looking" film that looks this polished and expensive, but whatever.

I will be here laughing when this makes a billie and all the non-believers start spinning and revising their early opinions...

Edited by LouisianaArkansasGeorgia
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Exactly.

This already looks a million times better than the atrocious BATB (if anyone can be called plasticface due to their lack of acting skills, that is Miss Emma W), if only because the sets don't look like a big ole green screen/CGI nightmare. 

This is going to be a Mary Poppins Returns in reverse: everyone is wildly underpredicting it and dismissing it as a sure-fire flop, and everyone will watch in wonder/surprise as it makes a billion dollars worldwide.

All this "looks cheap" claims are simply biased opinions based on their being convinced from day one that it is going to flop. I have never seen a "cheap-looking" film that looks this polished and expensive, but whatever.

I will be here laughing when this makes a billie and all the non-believers start spinning and revising their early opinions...

What were your King Arthur: Legend of the Sword predictions?

1 minute ago, Jay Beezy said:

What were your King Arthur: Legend of the Sword predictions?

I did not make any prediction for that.

Regardless of how mediocre Ritchie's films have been, this is going to smash. 

Bill Condon directed badly reviewed flops in the past too, but that did not stop him from delivering a billion-dollar hit with BATB.

These IPs are much bigger than any director, and if the film looks good enough, shiny enough, and nostalgic enough, audiences will respond. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Should’ve recasted Jafar

Shoud've recasted Aladdin as well. The only ones that look decent are Jasmine and Genie. Aladdin looks terrible. 

And now that we're close to 24 hrs the first full trailer of Aladdin only has 7 million views on YT. That is not that good, has 175k likes so that is good but a first full trailer...Dumbo beat it and that movie is shaping up to be another Christopher Robin situation.

Edited by Cappoedameron

5 hours ago, EliasChristensen said:

The new trailer is better than anything we've seen so far - but I am still not sold on this. 

Does that matter anyway? No, it does not because I seem to be one of the few people around who are increasingly annoyed by that Disney/Marvel domination.

I have the feeling that at this time Disney can do whatever they want and people are throwing money at them. 

2vxcy5.jpg

5 hours ago, EliasChristensen said:

Lets be honest what do the other studios offer us? 

Jurrasic World 2? Hobs and Shaw? 

Its not like the films from the other studios that make bank are original and great films too. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

I did not make any prediction for that.

Regardless of how mediocre Ritchie's films have been, this is going to smash. 

Bill Condon directed badly reviewed flops in the past too, but that did not stop him from delivering a billion-dollar hit with BATB.

These IPs are much bigger than any director, and if the film looks good enough, shiny enough, and nostalgic enough, audiences will respond. 

If you feel that way, that’s fine. But there’s no reason to shoot down anyone who might be skeptical. Like I feel like there are parts that look like it was shot at an Aladdin themed ride than an actual set.

Regardless of how you personally feel regarding BATB, are we all going to sit and pretend that when Disney dropped the teaser/trailer for it a year before it’s release that people didn’t go crazy over it? That movie was giant for a reason. The reception to the teaser/trailer was a million times better than whatever reception this movie has gotten. 

This movie will be lucky to do domestically what BATB did in its OW. 

Edited by Nova
  • Astonished 1