grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

"Event of the summer". Yup, that is until Disney starts marketing Toy Story 4. Then Lion King.

Way to shoot yourself in the foot Disney. Now I know those two won't be events. 

"The summer belongs to Solo"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Honestly Beauty and the Beast should be rotten. With its terrible singing and poor performances besides Luke Evans,  unnecessary story extensions, horrible special effects and set design, and really really out of place humor. Critics went really easy on it 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • ...wtf 2
  • Knock It Off 1

28 minutes ago, Royce said:

Some song previews including Naomi Scott's "Speechless"

OMG, this is BRILLIANT!!!!!

Why are they not showing it more?? Why is not Speechless all over the worldwide net yet??

It is the new Let It Go, FFS!!!!!!

WHAT. THE. F*CK. has the marketing been smoking on this????????????????

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Honestly Beauty and the Beast should be rotten. With its terrible singing and poor performances besides Luke Evans,  unnecessary story extensions, horrible special effects and set design, and really really out of place humor. Critics went really easy on it 

That was the one aspect I actually really liked about BatB. I thought they did a great job bringing that enchanted castle into live action. The ballroom in particular was spectacular. 

11 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I agree with most everything here, except I thought Kevin Kline was also pretty good along with Luke Evans. Both of them helped make the movie watchable for me.

Just now, stealthyfrog said:

If the social media reactions are any indication, the critical reception for Aladdin shouldn't even be that bad. No idea why Disney put the embargo so late

This happened to Christopher Robin as well. Which only got mixed reviews vs the potentially horrible ones the embargo it had suggested.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mulder said:

This happened to Christopher Robin as well. Which only got mixed reviews vs the potentially horrible ones the embargo it had suggested.

CR wound up with 72% on RT.  It was foolish to leave the embargo so late.  It made people think it was a Wrinkle In Time stinker.  And they're doing it again.

• Like 4

Just now, TalismanRing said:

CR wound up with 72% on RT.  It was foolish to leave the embargo so late.  It made people think it was a Wrinkle In Time stinker.  And they're doing it again.

I actually remembered Christopher Robin being lower. Huh. That sure was a mistake on Disney's part then @Leaving it's embargo so late 

• Like 1