grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

1 hour ago, Royce said:

Some song previews including Naomi Scott's "Speechless"

Loooooool God no!

After @TalismanRing posted those sneak-peek reviews, I was kind of like @WhiteWings and getting my hopes up until I watched this. Don't like the new song. Who in the world is Disney marketing this to? Is it the generation (us) who grew up with the movies? If so, why would they make such a big deal about a 2019/forgettable-sounding headline song?? If it's to the "Baby Shark" generation... do they even care about musicals?? Aren't they more interested in engrossing activities like watching other people play video games on YouTube?

Many people were worried about Will Smith, but I'm least concerned about his portrayal. It's the other two who look out of their element.

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

Honestly Beauty and the Beast should be rotten. ... Critics went really easy on it 

Looks to be happening again. 

• Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 2

If the social media reactions are any indication, the critical reception for Aladdin shouldn't even be that bad. No idea why Disney put the embargo so late
They don't want Aladdin to steal Endgames thunder...

Lähetetty minun SM-A520F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

7 hours ago, John Marston said:

Honestly Beauty and the Beast should be rotten. With its terrible singing and poor performances besides Luke Evans,  unnecessary story extensions, horrible special effects and set design, and really really out of place humor. Critics went really easy on it 

I don't like bitching about critics nor do I believe that they are paid off by Disney but those Beauty and the Beast reviews were pure nonsense. It is a bad movie. If it weren't disney nostalgia and it had the exact same quality the reviews would have been much worse. I've seen critics slam films that had less issues. 

• Like 3
  • Knock It Off 1

33 minutes ago, jedijake said:

It's not like BatB got 90+% on RT. It got in the low 70's. Not really glowing so complaining about it being so "high" doesn't make sense.

And it deserved much lower.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I don't like bitching about critics nor do I believe that they are paid off by Disney but those Beauty and the Beast reviews were pure nonsense. It is a bad movie. If it weren't disney nostalgia and it had the exact same quality the reviews would have been much worse. I've seen critics slam films that had less issues. 

It played to it's base and was really liked by them Emma Watson was wonderful in it. Bad movie was Justice League and BVS.

It did nearly double JL and crushed BVS. Bad movies don't do that, sorry.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

It played to it's base and was really liked by them Emma Watson was wonderful in it. Bad movie was Justice League and BVS.

I think people enjoyed it at the time but like Alice in Wonderland which also had good legs when it came out it will age poorly 

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I think people enjoyed it at the time but like Alice in Wonderland which also had good legs when it came out it will age poorly 

50% and it's Burton of course it will age poorly (Alice).

Same for Dumbo, he's horrible at Disney.

Edited by cdsacken

2 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

And it deserved much lower.

Why? :wintf:

So every old & new live action remake should have been/should be rotten because none of them should be allowed to be good? Only tarnishing the potential for a good remake, yet no one’s allowed to rate the good? That’s just pathetic wishful thinking.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

It makes no sense to me that Dumbo was rotten and BatB was fresh. Neither was great, but at least Dumbo was pretty different and actually improved on the original in some areas. BatB was basically a shot for shot remake with some songs that no one cared about thrown in.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

If Pikachu got 65 I think it's fine.

And I liked Pikachu way more than it. Personally I think it’s bad, there’s scores I agree with on RT like Black Panther and scores I disagree with like BATB 2017. This is just my opinion of course as film is subjective. Not saying you can’t like BATB 2017 of course, for me it was probably one of the worst films of 2017.

12 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Why? :wintf:

So every old & new live action remake should have been/should be rotten because none of them should be allowed to be good? Only tarnishing the potential for a good remake, yet no one’s allowed to rate the good? That’s just pathetic wishful thinking.

But that’s thing it’s not good. Cinderella, The Jungle Book, Pete’s Dragon and even Christopher Robin were the good ones to me. I’m giving my personal opinion, I’m not saying no one can enjoy it, I just think BaTB is a bad movie.

• Like 1

I remember BATB were in the 90s or high 80s during opening weekend. Critics were raving about it.

Then the scores took a tumble as more and more people got to see it. Esp late reviewers giving it a rotten score (which it deserves). 

7 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

And I liked Pikachu way more than it. Personally I think it’s bad, there’s scores I agree with on RT like Black Panther and scores I disagree with like BATB 2017. This is just my opinion of course as film is subjective. Not saying you can’t like BATB 2017 of course, for me it was probably one of the worst films of 2017.

But that’s thing it’s not good. Cinderella, The Jungle Book, Pete’s Dragon and even Christopher Robin were the good ones to me. I’m giving my personal opinion, I’m not saying no one can enjoy it, I just think BaTB is a bad movie.

The 2017 equivalent of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, then? A billion-dollar grosser with many detractors.

11 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

The 2017 equivalent of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, then? A billion-dollar grosser with many detractors.

Fallen Kingdom was good though. Tons of movies I disliked made money. But does that means Minions is better than Kubo? Certainly not.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

What do BVS and JL have to do with BATB? Nothing. Weird comparison.

But you bring them up a lot lol 

I thought both Justice League and even BVS were far, far better than the Beauty and the Beast remake. Because, again, quality is subjective