grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

1 hour ago, K1stpierre said:

I was at first excited about hearing this, but now the more I start thinking about it.......the more nervous I'm getting.

You should be, it's risky. But of course they'll do it, the potential payoff is immense.

3 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

I have the feeling you'll see Indians or Indian Americans in this movie.

Excited about tho of course, the animated movie was beautiful.

yeah this is what i think too. Some elements of the movie seemed like they took place in India. It seemed like an mixture of countries actually. But the dad spoke arabic and  there were a lot of Arab elements as well. 

Or they might go with racially ambiguous-non white actors like they did on the broadway version lol. But that might be controversial idk. 

Edited by ban1o

Another source

Disney's Live-Action Aladdin Movie Will Begin Filming This Year

This week however, everyone was given a pleasant surprise - Aladdin is filming in just a few months.

A casting call was tweet out on Wednesday, asking for Middle Eastern actors and actresses, who are also talented singers. This is an open casting call - meaning anyone can audition for the roles - and it's being held for the lead roles of Aladdin and Jasmine.

At the end of the ad, it is revealed that production will be underway much sooner than expected. Rehearsals for the movie will begin in April, and it's set to film in the UK from July 2017 to January 2018.

This call also puts many fans at ease, as it proves that actors of Middle Eastern descent will be cast as the film's lead roles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, franfar said:

Never in my life did I ever imagine there would exist a Guy Ritchie musical starring Middle Eastern debutantes...   

• Like 2

On 2016-10-11 at 4:02 PM, ban1o said:

yeah this is what i think too. Some elements of the movie seemed like they took place in India. It seemed like an mixture of countries actually. But the dad spoke arabic and  there were a lot of Arab elements as well. 

Uh... which ones exactly? For the only time I think they leave the Middle East is during the A Whole New World scene.

mmm not being a debbie downer but it says the CHARACTERS are middle eastern. That language doesn't exactly mean that they are looking for middle eastern actors. Just a warning.

Edited by ban1o

18 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Mulan, The Lion King...

At this rate, maybe I actually will live to see a live-action Zootopia.

I want my live-action Hunchback.

11 minutes ago, cookie said:

Uh... which ones exactly? For the only time I think they leave the Middle East is during the A Whole New World scene.

http://movies.stackexchange.com/questions/68044/is-agrabah-in-india

This explains it more. It has a combination of Middle Eastern And Indian elements. Disney kinda messed up and just combined a bunch of asian elements tbh. 

Edited by ban1o

7 minutes ago, ban1o said:

http://movies.stackexchange.com/questions/68044/is-agrabah-in-india

This article explains it more. It has a combination of Middle Eastern And Indian elements 

Eeeh I think it's stretching a bit. I think it's more that the animators just didn't do enough research.

Of course the original tale explicitly took place in China so I guess anything goes.

Edited by cookie

19 minutes ago, cookie said:

Eeeh I think it's stretching a bit. I think it's more that the animators just didn't do enough research.

Of course the original tale explicitly took place in China so I guess anything goes.

yeah I agree that the animators just didn't do enough research lmao. I mean their names are all Arabic so they are clearly supposed to be Arab. 

Edited by ban1o

8 hours ago, cannastop said:

Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Mulan, The Lion King...

At this rate, maybe I actually will live to see a live-action Zootopia.

I wonder what they will do when the run out of animated movies to remake.