grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

Thinking about it some more, Hardy might not be a terrible choice so long as they make it clear he's a foreigner in the Sultan's court. It's not uncommon for kings/emperors/sultans to have foreign advisors. But if they're gonna try to brown him up, then they should just cast an actual brown person.

Ever heard of God Mix? Little Legends?

Well, you will now.

From the Express article and the Seventeen article.

ALADDIN is the next Disney film to get the live action remake treatment, with a surprising star allegedly in line to play Princess Jasmine.

Reports over the weekend have suggested that a certain popstar is in line to make her acting debut in the new movie.

It’s none other than Jade Thirlwall from chart-topping quartet Little Mix.

Jade Thirlwall

Jade Thirlwall From Little Mix Might Play Jasmine in Disney's "Aladdin" Remake

More from the Seventeen article.

When the open casting call went out for the role of Jasmine earlier this year, it called for Middle Eastern actors between18 to 25-years-old who could sing. (Dancing was a plus.) Jade, being of Yemeni and Egyptian ancestry on her mom's side and an obviously stellar singer and dancer, fits the bill!

"Jasmine is Jade's perfect role, so she's delighted to have got this far in the process," an inside source told The Sun about Jade being shortlisted for the dream role. "The talks have been going on for some time now and the longer they go on, the better her chances are looking."

The only problem is, filming a blockbuster movie as big as Aladdin is going to be a challenge considering Little Mix's busy schedule. Luckily, Jade's bandmates Perrie Edwards, Jesy Nelson, and Leigh-Anne Pinnock are totally supportive and eager to make everything work for their friend.

"All of the girls have their fingers crossed for her, as they always support each other, but they also know that it would be a huge commitment," the insider continued. "Jade would need to film for months, and that's before promotion for the movie began. So this week they sat down in a break from their tour dance rehearsals and talked about what they might do if Disney did decide to cast her. It was quite an emotional conversation but they all agreed that they would try to make it work for her around Little Mix commitments.

It wouldn't be easy, but as far as it's possible, that's what they want."

A video of the group singing with Jade being the goddess to begin the song.

And this one of their most successful songs where they do quite a good amount of choreography for the music video.

Here's hoping.

tumblr_n5jjq7EVB81sz7tszo3_250.gif

• Like 2

I just read apparently Jade Thirlwall from the British girl group Little Mix was being considered for the role of Jasmine. Idk if she is in serious consideration or what. People keep complaining that she is half white though. 

Edited by ban1o

Disney has to get the casting right for this film. It can't be a rush job. Just look how long the casting for Mulan is taking. I'm starting to think we won't see this or Mulan till 2020 or 2021. 

4 minutes ago, ban1o said:

lol I really don't think it's that hard when I was in high school I knew so many brown girls who were amazing at singing and dancing. 

I bet there are many white girls who can act. Yet casting for rey was as extensive.

They want to cast perfect Aladdin.

6 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

I bet there are many white girls who can act. Yet casting for rey was as extensive.

They want to cast perfect Aladdin.

nah I side eye when ever they say they are struggling to find talent. They often do this when the role calls for a minority. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morieris said:

They picked Watson and her Autotune Companion to be Belle but now this is hard 🤔

exactly lol. It's bullshit. England Canada and US are full of South Asian and Middle East people. 

Edited by ban1o

17 minutes ago, ban1o said:

nah I side eye when ever they say they are struggling to find talent. They often do this when the role calls for a minority. 

Sources say the studio is eyeing Power Rangers actress Naomi Scott, 24, or Indian actress Tara Sutaria, 21, to play Jasmine...

I mean, I liked her in Power Rangers, but lol at her of all people playing Jasmine. Tara Sutaria was apparently in the Indian version of Suite Life of Zach and Cody. Oh Disney :rofl:

The+Suite+Life+Of+Karan+%2526+Kabir+0002

4 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

I mean, I liked her in Power Rangers, but lol at her of all people playing Jasmine. Tara Sutaria was apparently in the Indian version of Suite Life of Zach and Cody. Oh Disney :rofl:

The+Suite+Life+Of+Karan+%2526+Kabir+0002

I thought Naomi Scott was white in Power Rangers. Apparently she  was in a Discney Channel Movie/musical called Lemonade Mouth apparently. 

I mean this literally shows how little effort Disney put into the casting lmao. 

also it kinda looks like they asked dev and Riz (the two most obvious choices that everyone fancast) and then when they didn't work out thy were like "whoops we're having problems casting Aladdin" 

• Like 1