grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | Reviews straddling the fresh-rotten line

It's interesting they've not really shown any of the musical element apart from A Whole New World in the second trailer.

tbh this looks cute and colorful. I think it will be a  bit hit. looks better than lion king which looks boring lmao. 

Maybe I'm biased cuz Aladdin is one of my all time favorite disney films. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

ok, the tone of this new spot is totally different from the original movie & Jasmine is hot. Give me more, I'm now interested.

The acting looks so stilted. I can’t see this not getting slammed by critics

Got the trailer in Cinema last night.

I liked it, hope it gets good reviews and becomes a big hit.

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

People on youtube react really positive to these latest trailers/spots. I think this will surprise some people here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I dunno peeps, I'm starting to look forward to this far more than Lion King. I'm getting ready to eat crow for dismissing this in the past.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WhiteWings said:

I dunno peeps, I'm starting to look forward to this far more than Lion King. I'm getting ready to eat crow for dismissing this in the past.

Can we just have a crowd pleaser that at least does well? So deflated about Dumbo but hopefully it means Burton is done with Disney. Excited about this film and my daughter actually wants to see it. I've seen every Peppa/my Little pony/Lego/Lego 2 film. Ready for a change.

• Like 1

Don't know what to think of this.

Genie Willie looks weird but Smith seems to give his all.

Production values are excellent.

Can the main couple make the relationship work on screen ?

Edited by The Futurist

I am looking forward to this. I'm pretty sure the reviews are going to be on the same level as Dumbo and it won't hold a candle to The Lion King but so far the trailers look cute. 

Edited by Curtis1986

My theater has showtimes for this up in preparation for when tickets go on sale (I'm guessing next week?) and have a Fan Event set up for that Thursday (like Disney usually does these days for movies they anticipate will be blockbusters) so I imagine the marketing machine is about to really rev up for this with Endgame now out of the way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aladdin is my favorite WDA film, but I'm hesitant to say that it will be a big hit.  I feel like more people are in love with The Lion King, which isn't bad at all, but might overshadow Aladdin a bit.

I'm still not sold on Mena Massoud's acting chops (I think he needs more charisma maybe?), and you can only do so much with Will Smith.  It'll probably make bank by default, but I just don't see it really breaking out at the moment.  Hope I am wrong!

Edited by acetabulum

Tickets for this are for sure going on sale today. Just went on twitter and there was ad for “Friends day” sponsored by Aladdin with the “You ain’t never had a friend like me,” saying attached to it. 

I imagine the trailer they drop will prob feature that song. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 2:36 PM, acetabulum said:

What the heck happened to my font?  Lol

When you copy and paste something you have to tap the “paste as plain text” thing that comes at the bottom of the comment otherwise the part you pasted shows up like that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think that if it ends to be funny OS could be big. I really don't know DOM